Wednesday 21 March 2012

Various Thoughts

Things I am thinking today -

- My children have given up the will to live. I know this because they are doing everything in their power to make me want to kill them. I sent one back to school today just so I wouldn't have to spend the day listening to the two of them squabbling.

- Being house bound and refraining from eating chocolate is not good! But I thought it would be too mean scoffing it in front of them when the girls were barely eating.

- My thread is still not here. I am going to go and dig around in the girls' sewing box and pull out any old, cheap, very cheap polyester thread and use it, and just pray that my machine doesn't chew it up and spit it out in a snobbish act of disgust.

- Playing Angry Birds is addictive! Avoided it until yesterday and now can't stop. Someone save me please!

- So when life is just getting too much, a good friend sent through a photo of me and my bestie many years ago as we backpacked through Europe one long and wonderful summer. I remember life then. It seemed so much less complicated. And I never felt guilty about eating chocolate!


Check out those sunglasses of mine!
I was doing a good imitation of a housefly.
Susan

24 comments:

  1. Look at you! You look adorable. And so much like Emily. Or rather, she looks so much like you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont believe you. You're not telling me honestly that you haven't yet learned how to surreptitiously eat chocolate without getting caught? And just what would happen if you told the girls that every time you heard them squabbling you would openly eat chocolate and not share? Or am I the only person who could be conditioned with cadburys....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious! Thank you for a great giggle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah those were the days of freedom and no responsibilities! Hang in there chick! Tomorrow's another day with more possibilities of thread! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were ahead of your time with those sunglasses. Think Angelina, and all the other celebs...they were big glasses.
    I was addicted to Angry birds for a long time. Now I like Drawsomething. If you try it my name is ylbubbix8. Start a game with me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw an actual, physical angry birds game on the telly where you build up your blocks and green piggies and then catapult the birds... Sod the kids I want it for myself! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome glasses!! I want some!
    Your house is surprisingly similar to mine!! He made it through the day at school today though so that was a relief!
    Hope the thread comes soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angry birds is a real time waster! Chocolate is a great form of bribery, if you can bear to share! Here's hoping the thread arrives soon- contains less calories than.... You know what!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the glasses, do you still have them?? ;-)
    I can sympathise fully about the girls, my darling boy has been pressing the irritate Mummy button all day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Save the chocolate till they've gone to bed! But like Sarah says, I can't believe you haven't learnt to eat is behind their backs! Oh the memories of freedom and carefree days :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Angry Birds is fab...have you downloaded Angry Birds Seasons? Yeah I know ...you didn't need to know there was more did ya?

    ReplyDelete
  12. We all had glasses like that - I`m guessing the `80s?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blimey, I just eat it, and then deny it when they ask!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'd be doing the surreptitious munch - you need something to keep you sane!

    hope it all blows over soon...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I met those Angry Birds yesterday too, you're right, definitely dangerous!

    Love that pic of lounging around on the river...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my.....sounds like you need a noise cancelling headset.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Remember that they can be cute sometimes. The picture is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I remember that day, great dinner after we finally found our way back over the canals.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is the thread here yet? Have you worked out how to silently remove the wrapper from some Green&Blacks?!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmm, along with others, I find it very difficult to believe that you haven't scoffed chocolate behind their backs.
    Angry Birds, been there done that and moved on to the latest time sucker, but ever so much more fun and not frustrating, DrawSomething

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.