Monday 26 March 2012

Life Would Be Easier...

... if I only had a brain. Honestly, the stuff I could have accomplished today if I had switched my brain on when I woke up.

It started with the school run. Upon arrival I watched all the other children coming in with a hard boiled egg each. Obviously I had forgotten. I also forgot the cello and violin necessary for their music lesson. Oh, and the cheque for the music teacher so that Helen can do her violin exam. (Why are those exams so expensive?!) Last but not least, Emily's PE kit was still at home having been used yesterday. I blame her for forgetting that. It can't all be my fault!

Needless to say a big chunk of my morning was spent boiling eggs, gathering said items, returning to the school with it all and breathing a freaking big sigh of relief when it was done.

Next I got out my fabric. Not all of it but a good chunk of it. The glory of having those storage units from Ikea.

Gratuitous shot to show Hadley the true joys of sorting by colour!
After way too much pondering (way, way too much) I finally settled on the fabrics for my project, cut them, and then decided I didn't like them for today's requirement after all.


I tried again. Pondered, auditioned, sorted and finally decided.


Somewhat happier, I got sewing before I changed my mind again. And that is what I did with the remainder of my free time. I now have this -


But it is a project to be unveiled in the future. Suffice to say it was an item on my 'to do' list that needed to be done, and I am well on the way to completing it.

I received a parcel today from the fabulous Annie at The Village Haberdashery. Completely the opposite service than I received last week from a different shop who took almost a week to get my purchase in the post. Annie had my wadding and a couple of other things that accidentally fell in my basket to me amazingly quickly. Great service!

This wadding will be cut for my Stained Colourful quilt
as soon as I find the time to do the backing.
Most definitely my colours - bright.
Sorry, but colours like this make me smile, I couldn't resist.
And a little Melody Miller of my own.
I'm thinking zippy pouches.
I'm thinking all sorts of ideas, actually.

So that was my day, other than the usual. The usual needs no mentioning because it just is.

Susan

PS: Emily's school team won the mini basketball tournament yesterday. She came home with some battle wounds but a huge smile because they each got a miniature trophy. You can't beat a trophy from stopping the bruises from hurting!

29 comments:

  1. Wayhay! Congrats Em! Get that trophy on the mantelpiece! Great fabrics btw. Intrigued by what you're making - chair covers perhaps? Or is that too obvious? Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your fabric choices - bright and cheery just like the current weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have us wondering about your secret sewing! Love the Melody Miller scraps! Boiled eggs- were they painting them for Easter?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love all the running that is required of being a SAHM. When you are a working mom they are required to get it together the first time around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Emily! and congrats to you on managing to get some actual sewing done amid the chaos. I ran out of day again and am getting very frustrated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh, my mum was a full time worker, so if I forgot, it was tough shit for me, and explain your way out of that one lol

    Hmm, loving the look of the curious stripy thing - sewing machine cover?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like your bounty... and your stash too... Is that a table runner? Lists for the morning sweetie, lists or big whiteboard by the door you leave from.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you're very generous taking the blame!
    Love that Melody Miller - I had some in my Mouthy STitches scrap bag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you made a great recovery! And way to go Em! Congratulations Sweetie! Lovely haul Susan, and isn't Annie the best :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Between you and a few others today, I am in a fabric coma. So many pretties on the blogs today

    ReplyDelete
  11. All I had to remember to take in to school today was another child's tooth - teacher put it in one of mine's by mistake on Friday - suspect there were tears and confusion for the tooth fairy somewhere in the village!

    Colour sorting, pah, what about when you want all of a specific line for something?

    ReplyDelete
  12. sometimes you just have to let the day flow past... then have a laugh..later xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Surely you weren’t the only mother who forgot the eggs...I would have been right there with you sister.

    LOVE those bright solids. I haven’t had a fabric parcel in forever since I’m busy saving to buy 10973846 yards when we get to Hawaii...Mr. P doesnt know about my dastardly plan to visit every quilt shop there yet . Im saving that for an awesome surprise. Cant wait to see his face.

    Way to go Emily. You mopped the floor with the opposition...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to always forget I had Home Ec. and we would have to stop on the way and buy everything for a Black forest gateaux or whatever we were making that day. Lovely mail you received there and what is the secret project??

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used to always forget I had Home Ec. and we would have to stop on the way and buy everything for a Black forest gateaux or whatever we were making that day. Lovely mail you received there and what is the secret project??

    ReplyDelete
  16. At least you saw the eggs and were able to get some to them in time .. great projects you're working on. Good change of fabrics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Booo to your crap morning! Great news about the trophy and I am loving the new bundles you got.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving the look of the secret project, great colours! I'm always making extra trips to school, luckily we only live 100 yds away! My brain doesn't function until at least my 3rd cup of tea! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Think they are old enough to be reminding you of all the things they need to take to school!

    Busy girl you but glad you got some sewing in!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations to Emily! Love those pretty fabrics for your project Susan - they are just perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh crikey, I've got all this boiled egg/cello/games kit stuff to come haven't I? I can barely remember to put Felix's shoes on when we go out of the door, how the heck am I going to remember all the other stuff?! Love your bright solids, and that Melody Miller which I haven't seen before - definitely perfect for zippy's! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good for Em!!!! I love the fabrics you bought...you have great taste. Thank you so much for that link. I haven't checked it out yet; you know a hectic day. But tomorrow I will for sure. I appreciate it so much..

    ReplyDelete
  23. it feels like forever since i visited - soooo much going on - no wonder youforget some stuff! love you fabrci - and really loved hpw your stand quilt top turned out - gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really want some of that fabric, and I wonder what you are making. I have to say that you should win the super mom prize of the week today!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Glad your day turned out well in the end after the "rocky" start.

    ReplyDelete
  26. well done Emily!!! Sounds like my morning last week when I gouged a bit of my thumb out while frantically washing the breakfast plates on a chipped mug! 5 mins before we had to head for the school bus! LOve your solids! I recently blogged about my latest purchase of a bright bundle from backstitch. Love the village hab though and will be buying from there soon I am sure! x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Woo hoo! Great service, fab fabric and a wonderful color combo for a top secret project. What could be better? ....remembering musical instruments, cheques and eggs maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  28. What I wouldnt give for some of those fabric boxes. Or the space to put them in. Congrats to emily, the worlds shortest basketball star!

    ReplyDelete
  29. love your new purchases: very bright and summery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.