Friday 9 March 2012

Doing the Happy Dance

The package from my partner in FTLOS arrived today. Do you ever have those moments when you realise that you have been totally spoiled and think you should act politely restrained so that you don't make others jealous? Nah, me neither!!

Look at what I got!


How awesome is that then? I love the mini. Happily I told my partner I loved it when she was in the process of making it. February was so busy I did worry about missing the right one and not commenting - and we all know how horrible it is to have a silent partner. My partner for this swap turns out to be Toni, aka Contadine on Flickr and she has the greatest name for her blog - Quilt Stricken. Even better, she is using a cropped shot of my mini in her header right now.

It's a given that I am eating the Jelly Belly jelly beans while I am writing this. Having a little guess the flavour game on my own. I could turn the box over and it would tell me the flavours but that isn't as much fun.

Back to the mini -


There isn't anything not to love about this for me. Those shots of colour in the sea of blues are just perfectly balanced. The quilting is so well thought out too.


I don't know if I made something like this if it would ever occur to me to quilt rectangles like this, in abstract places. I wish I could think of things like that on my own, but then that is why I blog and go on Flickr - because the rest of you give me endless inspiration.

You may have noticed in the first photo that Toni sent me some fabric and perle threads as my 'extra'. It is taking everything in me not to start sewing with these right away. This fabric feeds my addiction. Bright. Tone on tone. Solids. Colour. I am tempted to move to Toni's and camp outside her door and beg to play in her stash because it must be amazing!


You can't tell from the photo but the green and yellow perle are hand dyed and have those subtle variations that you get in threads and yarns that are hand dyed. I am going to have to think long and hard what to make with this beautiful pile of fabric and thread because I am not breaking it up and putting it into the colour drawers in my stash. These fabrics need to be kept together, used together.

So a huge thank you to Toni. You couldn't have got me better than you did with what you made. I appreciate it hugely and thank you for helping make FTLOS such a perfect swap for me.

Susan

29 comments:

  1. Oh lucky you!! I loved this one in the flikr pool - gorgeous - the colours, the design and I recall saying I loved the random rectangular quilting. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very lucky lady!! I do love that mini too. Everything is wonderful...congratulations. I know how you feel too; I have a little parcel on the way; fabric I won...it is exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!
    And so the non-colour sorting commences - knew you would come round to my way of thinking! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely - yes I think you probably did hit lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, pretty! Hand died perle eh? Living the high life you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn, that's one off my potential list ;o) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you - what a lovely post about your FTLOS2 swap. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks right up your alley Miss Susan colourwise! And the extras!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you, I am putting mine in the post today as it is shipping domestically. You really lucked out with your partner and you deserve it too. Beautiful mini for a beautiful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous mini! And the extras look fabulous - I should confess I have the wanties for the perle and fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quite the lucky duck! Enjoy your goodies and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No wonder you're dancing! Wow. What a great parcel you've received. Love the colours in the mini and those perle cotton threads. Enjoy those treasures, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh boy you sure got a good 'un!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh lucky you. I saw the mini on flickr and thought it was fabulous. Beautiful threads and fabric too. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well deserved Susan! The mini is stunning and my hands would be itching to get started on those fabrics and thread! Look forward to seeing what you create with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. truelly beautiful quilt...... why be polite and restrained when you have it in your possesion/ i would be dancing exstatically xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, you lucky thing, its fab, its one I had my eye on :-) And those fabrics and perle cotton....you were spoiled! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous mini and she got you to a t! Enjoy! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a wonderful little quilt, lucky you to get it. I am taken with the hand dyed perle cotton, those must be lovely in person.

    ReplyDelete
  20. that's gorgeous susan - love your perle too - beautiful colours - there's something about hand dyed - and obviously a wonderful reward for the gorgeous ftlos mini you made

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've had quite a bit of yummy mail recently haven't you.
    Nice score :)

    Sorry I'm quiet. I'm avoiding my inbox. It's too overwhelming to open right now...
    Having a good weekend though, hope you are too
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd be doing the happy dance too! What a lovely package.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a nice response you've written about such a lovely package! I hope I do as well!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! It's beautiful! You're such a lucky girl to have this lovely in your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Warning....AVOID the Green Tea Jelly Belly...yeuch..I stick to the pink ones as thay are all nice!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is a gorgeous quilt and those extras are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.