Thursday 29 March 2012

Playing By The Rules

Okay, if yesterday was faking it then today had to be me proving (to myself) that if I wanted to I really could do - sort of, maybe - paper piecing if I put my mind to it. It has been another sunny hot day so I went with the obvious choice. Ice cream.

If I was doing this completely wrong,
just let me pretend that I got it right - thanks.

Proof that I still had the paper in position well into sewing the block.

And the resulting raspberry ripple ice cream.
The other thing on the agenda today involved one fat quarter and one person who left a comment on my post two days ago. I skipped all the technical crap and did it my way this time.

Names on paper.

Folded.

One grubby hat.

Names in hat.

Willing child.

Hand in hat.

Winner!

Miss Beau Jangles said...
I get confused about the different types of piecing! I like the sort in the new york beauty QAL.
I would make a jacket for my cafetiere, and mini jackets (and hats?!) for my tea caddies!

I'll be emailing you for your address and then the FQ will be making its way to you soon after. Congratulations. Thanks for offering up your idea.


Since a large part of my day was spent sorting through piles of paper and assorted crap I am now going to go pour myself a large glass of wine and enjoy some pasta with the girls. 


Susan

27 comments:

  1. Funny, pasta and wine is exactly what I'm doing!

    Icecream looks fabulous. I'm sure your just pretending you don't know what your doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big star for the ice cream cone! And congrats to Miss Beau. I sort of like the old fashioned way better, grubby hat and all. Enjoy the dinner and wine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winner and enjoy your evening! Oh and well done on the pp - another tick off the to learn list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm, tea sounds good, could just drink a cold glass of wine
    Love your ice cream

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that paper pieced ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ice cream looks good enough to eat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great paper piecing! Where did you find the pattern for the ice cream? Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ice cream looks positively yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute ice cream! Great job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious ice cream block! Brownie points for not breaking any rules today (though we all kinda like the Susan who breaks the rules!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sewing an ice cream cone in the sunshine - perfect! Congrats to Miss Beau Jangles for winning the FQ. I prefer the 'out of the hat' method. Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's one delish ice cream cone you have there. Well done, you, rockin' the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ice cream!

    Congrats to Miss BJ!

    (Tell that daughter she is no longer my favourite!) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab block, but hey, WHERE'S MY FLAKE???

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, I win, I win! :) Thank youuuuuuuuuu!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your icecream looks fantastic! Wine and pasta sounds very good to me x

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the ice-cream cone! I'd say you've got the measure of p.piecing now! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome ice-cream block.Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The paper pieced ice cream looks fantastic.
    Congrats to Miss Beau Jangles.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You know I like ice cream...so my word can be ice cream with different flavors...Stitch Tease!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ice cream - yummy! You are now officially a paper piecer I think!

    Ha you let me off the hook then!? I may just have to try that idea out anyway!

    Congrats to the winner - phew!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the ice cream! Congrats to Miss Beau Jangles!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yummy ice cream!! And well done on the PPing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh cor!! I wasn't expecting a second block, let alone a PERFECTLY pieced icecream! It's fab, thanks so much Susan, you're brill! x

    ReplyDelete
  25. How could you be doing it wrong when it turned out so right !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.