Sunday 18 March 2012

Happy Mother's Day

I hope each and everyone of you is having a brilliant day. Everyone has a different idea of how to celebrate this day. For me, the idea of trying to make me go out to a restaurant would have me kicking and screaming, and clinging to the door jam refusing to go. Maybe it was all those years working in restaurants a lifetime ago, but Mother's Day and going out causes shivers to go down my spine.

There are two things I ask for on this day. Home made cards. I scored big time this year because apparently Helen was teaching the rest of the class three different styles of cards to make. And I got one of each.


Emily made me a butterfly card, with moustached hearts.


Home made cards make me happy. As does breakfast in bed. And I have to say that himself can make perfect poached eggs, to go in my divine Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon. I cannot stress how good this was!


That's it. That is all it takes to make me extremely satisfied with my Mother's Day. Easily pleased at times, I am. The fact that I got chocolates is just a bonus.


Now, on the other hand, the fact that Emily gave me this brings me to only one conclusion.


No, none of those conclusions that you lot are coming to right now! I do believe that Emily is hinting she would like to have a Japanese Crab and Cucumber Salad in the near future.

What does the rest of the day hold for me? Little to no computer time - I'm having what is as close as I can come to a day off. No sewing either. I established yesterday that I stupidly ran out of thread. There's going to be a roast chicken to consume. And I have been challenged to a Wii tournament later on. Nothing like having children to show you that you have absolutely no coordination at all. But they make my Mother's Day what it is - which is fabulous.

I hope wherever you are, whatever you are doing, you are having an equally great day.

(Apologies to all readers living in countries not celebrating Mother's Day today. Didn't mean to make you panic briefly.) 

Susan

31 comments:

  1. Happy mother's day you crabby old bat... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tinned crab made me laugh as I often ask for this!
    Happy Mothers Day.
    Do pop over to mine for a giveaway. Good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What A thoughtful family you have. Enjoy! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. doing what YOU want is what to-day should be all about xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy mothers day ,i didnt take mine out for a meal either we had a shopping trip and a scone and jam to sustain us ...........nothing too fancy while we are dieting !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're having a fantastic time! Enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a grand day you've had. Our Mother's day is a month away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your day sounds perfect and it is definitely a bonus to have daughters in this case. Boys are not nearly as giving in the card department. Enjoy your already fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That so made me laugh..you go Emily!!! I love her style. Happy Mother's Day!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Mother's Day to you! I will admit to a tiny moment of "May? What?.....Ohhhh...LOL" I don't like going out on Mother's Day either...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha ha, love the crab! Happy Mothers Day, hope you are having a great day. Tell the girls their cards are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well just back from a lovely lunch out, and apparently the inability to get the kid's ice cream combos right, 3 flavours to mix - duh!, entitled us to 25% off the bill - bonus!

    Enjoy your chocs and Wii x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you have a lovely day, I will wait until May.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab cards and those poach eggs look great. Liking the sound of that japanese crab salad - hope you share the recipe and pics when you do make it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous post and glad they appreciate you so much - but then who wouldn't!?

    ReplyDelete
  16. The crab made me laugh too. I had a visit from my daughter and my - grand-daughter, woo hoo. It was her first trip out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow they did some lovely things for you ... and I only shortly panicked and remembered mother's day here is in May so plenty of time.
    Hope you enjoyed your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool cards! Looks like you were thoroughly spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Mother's Day to you! The cards you received are wonderful. and breakfast in bed. Just the thought is wonderful and that meal looks divine!

    Hope the rest of your day goes just as well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. SOunds like the perfect day! And yippee for husbands who can make breakfast in bed! He's a 'keeper'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. sounds like a great day!! chocolate always is a bonus of course! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mmmmm chocolates.... Glad you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mmmmm chocolates.... Glad you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I’m a fan of home made cards too. Your girls did good!I wonder why Mothers Day is March there and May here...weird.

    I wonder also if I can get Mr. P to whips me up eggs Benedict before he goes to work?

    Enjoy your day off and getting your butt kicked in the Wii Games...

    ReplyDelete
  25. What gorgeous cards and lovely treats you've had today! Although I think you definitely owe us dieters the recipe for Japanese Crab and Cucumber Salad after flaunting actual pics of real chocolate in our poor deprived faces ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely handmade cards - no cards here but I did get a smudgy watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Adorable cards and what a scrummy looking breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Mothers Day for yesterday, glad you had a nice day. The girls cards are lovely. Is Emily trying to tell you something with the moustached hearts?
    Yum, Eggs Benedict, lucky you.
    Laughed at the crab, I have noooo idea what you are inferring!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the cards and your breakfast! I hope they went easy on you in the Wii tournament!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Japanese Crab and Cucumber Salad - think I need the instructions....and pics to make this...sounds yummy and a crabby gift too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.