Sunday 20 November 2011

A Productive Day - Ha!

I had grand intentions for the day. Okay, maybe that is overstating it slightly but I did intend to get on with a couple of things. After I read blogs and replied to emails (still not caught up). After I made omelettes for the hungry ones. After I did the ironing. I was going to do 'stuff'.

Instead I got waylaid and ended up lying on the kitchen floor with the girls until we completed the puzzle. It took a while, mostly because it seemed I was the only one actively inserting puzzle pieces in the correct places.


It might be said of today that this puzzle is my only accomplishment other than a well fed family - which is no bad thing at all. I did get out some fabric. The November bee blocks need doing still. I have visions of getting to the post office tomorrow (alone) and posting a myriad of things that need to be sent off, and I thought that if I got the bee block done then that would be one more parcel I could add to the pile.

It is Hadley's turn this month. Some people (I am naming no names here!) finished their block - it is one large block this month rather than two smaller ones - before others even had their fabric! Now that really put the pressure on. Hadley sent all our fabric in a delightful charm square tray that she had made for each of us. I love that touch.



The fabrics she chose are brilliant as well. Lovely contrast with the oranges and the greens and blues.



I think by now you probably figured out that I didn't get this block made. No, because while I contemplated my pin cushion and which child did this -



- they, with their innate sense of timing, snuck behind me and started sewing things for themselves. I didn't stand a chance! I'd show you what they are working on - cushion covers I believe. But Blogger just decided it doesn't want to play any more and has frozen trying to load photos. I don't care. The house smells lovely of roasting chicken. Plus there is still birthday cake left.

And tomorrow! Well tomorrow I am going to be alone. All alone. By myself. Not that I am looking forward to it at all. I would hate to give that impression!

Susan

15 comments:

  1. You make me chuckle- enjoy your day of peace and solitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great day. I also have done no sewing, in fact it seems like ages since I have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Only 17 (ish) hours to go! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds to me like you had a perfect day being a mom with your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have to fight your girls to get to use your own machine - they'll soon be wanting one of their own with a stash to match! Have a good day tomorrow and enjoy the trip to the post office!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect Sunday and hmmm, roast chicken. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your 'me' day tomorrow. My plants completely changed today - and I found myself with a load of time on my hands and well don't have a lot to show for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. D'oh!! I thought that was going to be a cross stitch... Sounds like you got plenty dont considering all the wifely/mothering duties you got done! But really, lying down on the kitchen floor? The KITCHEN floor? Jeez if you did that here you'd need to peel yourself off....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy the solitude. The silence will probably be deafening (in the nicest way possible !)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need your Monday - mine is going to be a manic shocker back at work :(

    Looking forward to my block!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Think I am having company again tomorrow from one possibly two sicky kids! Will this keep going on till Christmas???

    Go for it Susan - sew to your heart's content!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds like a perfect day to me - have fun

    ReplyDelete
  13. That puzzle was very pressing to someone. Nothing wrong with that. I worked on my table runner all weekend (when I wasn't working). I am ready to hand stitch the binding to 2, 1 is done, 3 are ready to sew down. Then I need to do buttons and button holes. I sure wish you could warn my partner....UGH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heh, well, the puzzle looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.