Tuesday 1 November 2011

The Better Choice

I've been in a grumpy mood today. Just dissatisfied with everything I was doing. Made some new Christmas ornaments for my table at the Christmas fair. Hate them. Convinced no one will like them. (Yes, it was that type of mood.) The finished cushion tops need their backs. Couldn't summon the energy to assign the appropriate fabric to each. I got a bit annoyed about something earlier on which set me on this path - but I am not going to have a moan about it. I am going to go with the better choice and not bore you to death with my bad mood.

I'll show you the girls last night instead, back from trick or treating and happy as Larry, strung out on a sugar high, with more to come by the looks of their haul!

You can see the sugar induced glaze in their eyes!
Helen already had a sugar 'attitude' going too.
We had a great time. I have never seen so many houses in the village welcoming trick or treaters. Pensioners and young families alike, all handing out sweeties with abandon. And the weather was so mild, plus dry that it made for a perfect Halloween. I went around with a friend and her sister, and nine children. Can you imagine opening your door to that! We picked up all the strays who had parents who couldn't take them around for one reason or another. They all behaved impeccably so we adults enjoyed it almost as much as the kids did.

I was really pleased with the way the pumpkins looked at our house too. I think that they came into their own much more when it was dark and they were lit.

I think the owl design is much more apparent with Emily's pumpkin when lit.
Love the way Helen's spider looks like it is breathing fire.
So that is it for today. I spared you listening to me moan and a little bit of self discipline about moaning does me good. Besides, when I went on the Modern Christmas Tablerunner Swap today one of the threads cheered me up to no end because it was so nice. As were the comments many of you put on Jennifer's Follower Spotlight the other day. Oh, and the lovely comments about WOnky Stars when I revisited it. Thank you so much. It is stuff like that that makes me see some grumpiness is misplaced, unnecessary and easily snapped out of if you just open your eyes to all the good stuff all round.

Susan

13 comments:

  1. sounds like you all had a really fun night! and those pumkins look amazing all lit up like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful Halloween and the pumpkins look wonderful! Where's the photo of your pumpkin?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you've been mizzy today Susan but good to hear the swappers have cheered you up. They are a great bunch. Last night sounds great and hopefully you got a share of the bounty too. The pumpkins look great but where is yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweetie, sounds like you need a wee sugar rush of your own! Fingers crossed what ever put you in that mood is done. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must be something in the water...we've had a series of bad moods come through here :o) Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the pumpkins. They do look snazzy all lit up like that and the girls look wonderful all dressed up.

    Glad to hear you pulled yourself out of the funk. I bet Halloween candy helped along with all the swap love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your day turned brighter as it went along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boo to bad moods, I suggest you raid the haul from last night to perk you up a bit ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I suppose we all have those days sometimes, glad you are feeling better. Don't forget our giveaway this week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quit grumping now?

    Love the lit pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you just need some chocolate and a soak in the bath

    ReplyDelete
  12. sorry you had the grumps lovely lady, it really impacts the sewing mojo, doesn't it!

    Those pumpkins are brill by the way x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw pet, so not like you to be grumpy! Hope you're smiling again today! Jxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.