Saturday 12 November 2011

At Last Count

Hello, it's me. The person who is getting buried under a pile of fabric that has been tossed here and there with frantic abandon as I worry more and more that I have not made enough for tomorrow. But I am running out of time, and the will to live, so it will have to do.

Here is where is stands at the moment -

35 snowflakes, 27 origami stars, 19 colourful felt stars, 12 white and 13 red,
and 9 miscellaneous.
The cushions are now cushy. Seven of them - currently-
The lack of inserts stressed me yesterday. I did not need that but all okay now.
4 charm square change purses.
Owl to join the first scrappy pouch.
I have to say I am pretty proud of my zip ends.
Doesn't everyone need a make up pouch with flamingos in love on it?
Or cocktails? Or if all else fails, a rooster?
Six bunting. The shop ran out of the red gingham or there would be more of the green and red bunting.
4 fleece lined baby blankets. I love the cowboy print.
The woven in soft blues and greens on the bottom left was a right b***h to work with!
And that is it, at the moment. It doesn't seem much when it is all lined up together. I feel like it should be way more for the hours I have spent on these things. I am learning that I can spend more time dithering over getting the right lining fabric for a pouch or layout to charms squares on a wee blanket than in the making it seems. I need to have a better storage system for my fabrics so I can get to them more easily, and have somewhere to put them back because it looks like a hurricane hit my dining room. It is a nightmare in there!

Well, I am going to try and make some more bunting and pouches before 10am tomorrow. Wonder if I will succeed. I was working on another cushion cover but half an hour picking out stitches from the quilting made me so wound up I walked away from that one. Ask me how I feel about the iron on fleece without backing fabric for the cushions next week, when I can look at it more rationally.

Susan

22 comments:

  1. well done to you !!i am very proud of your zip ends too wishing mine could be the same gotta get back on the zips what a fab lot of stuff you have made!i am hoping it all sells out for you :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of gorgeous makes! And hours and hours of work! The baby blankets were a great idea! Hope you come home empty handed of makes and with lots of cash instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't stress it! It will be fine!

    Hubby proudly showed my sister-in-law his quilt today, to the reaction of "Oh Riley (her son), what's on your quilt at home?".

    People don't have any comprehension of the time and thought that goes into things, so they probably won't notice the lining 'til they get home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot Woot - what a beautiful display of goodies. Well if I was visiting your stall and money permitting I would certainly buy a couple of your ornaments and a couple of your change purses or pouches and if I had a baby or knew I needed a baby blanket, I would buy one of those too. They look so so snuggly with that fleecy lining! My prediction is that they will sell first.

    Have fun tomorrow - make sure your ornaments are displayed prominently as they are your sprats to catch the mackerel. Now go catch that mackerel and take photos - will be thinking of you. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do get a good night's sleep Susan - I'm sure it will be quite tiring at the end of the day. Your makes are truly wonderful and they will sell well I am sure!

    Great work on the zips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to say Good Luck for tomorrow. Your posts have made me chuckle over the last few days, but everything you've made is lovely and hopefully you'll sell lots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Susan, don't fret - you have made so much stuff, it all looks grand. Hope it all sells for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It looks fantastic! I love, love, love the pouches and cusions. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'll be just fine! Love the baby blanket :) The cushions look just fab, and here's to a successful sale and an empty table at the end of the day! And a bucket full of cash to boot! Good luck Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic pile of work, and your zip ends are perfect! Really, really hope that you sell everything and do well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started reading this post normally and ended up reading through your list of made items singing it to the "twelve days of Christmas " song.

    You'll be fine ! Hopefully you'll sell out and have a fantastic time to boot.

    By the way - I hate you now that you can do zips .Not just zips - perfect zips. I have to find a new zip dummy buddy.

    It all looks wonderful. Truly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shay is SO right- those zips are perfect! All your goodies are wonderful! In my mind the best thing that can happen is that you will sell out quickly and get to go home early with a pocket full of money!! ( AndI agree with Hadley - there are those people who don't look as close at stitching/fabric/colour/zips like we do!) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry I didnt get time to respond to your email the other day, I am buired under packing boxes! If I know what I would sell the most I would make only that and be rich, sadly I do not and am not!
    It really varies from event to event so I always try and have at least a few of everything incase that is the bestseller. You've done really well and I predict the decorations will be snapped up, thats what Id be after from your stall! Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking good! Wish my zipper ends looked like that when I do pouches (rather than the mangled mess they normally look. It would help if I could figure out why...) Good luck with tomorrow. I hope you take a snap of your stable with all the goodies laid out to sell! I always find the most lengthy part of the making process is the deciding which fabric to use.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that is a serious amount of stuff you've pulled together for this, it looks fab! Hope you have a wonderful fair :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, dear-- you sound a little fried. But it all looks wonderful!! I hope all goes well at the fair! I think you will be very pleasantly surprised at the feedback you receive and I predict a lot of sales, too. Good luck! Let us know how it goes

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have lots of lovely things there and I hope it is a raging success for you! Love the pouches, theyre fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry I'm so late wishing you well for today Susan, but I really do hope you sell out of everything. You've worked so hard for this and everything is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. well your day should be just about over (since I am late in reading) how did it go? I hope you are rolling in the dough...or at the very least pleased with the turn out. Please let me know when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, you have been busy!! All your items are fantastic so I am sure you will do really well. Looking forward to hearing how you have done

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry I missed this post and the opportunity to wish you luck before the fair but I just wanted to let you know that I think everything you've made is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have done AMAZING! It looks looks great :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.