Monday 25 April 2011

If You Go Down to the Woods Today...

... you're in for a beautiful surprise. If you go down to the woods today, you won't believe your eyes.


It's bluebell time folks. We love bluebells. It is not a Canadian phenomenon. And as each year comes around we do our own little Standen family tradition. Down to the woods for photos. We have Helen in the bluebells at the age of one and two, and then Emily joined in the fray once she was able to stand on her own two feet. So today was the day the Standens were taking their photos.

Now let me make this clear. John was the photographer. I was just there for crowd control - if I had any purpose at all. He then downloads his photos into Photoshop, and tweaks them, and they have huge resolutions, etc. In other words, too big and too difficult and too much of a pain to try and get them copied from his computer to mine and then onto here. What follows is me and my point and shoot efforts.

But we had a fantastic time and it was a perfect way to end what was just about a perfect holiday. The sun shone brightly again, and it remained t-shirt weather. No complaints from this end of things.

So here are the girls, in all their posing glory (with a few bluebells thrown in for the hell of it) -





And proof that he takes his photography more seriously than I do -



I would have taken more photos but guess which numpty forgot to check if her camera was charged? And guess which numpty didn't bring the case with the spare battery? So guess which numpty has no proof that previous visitors to the woods have left a wonderful legacy of swing ropes and the like which made for a wonderful play session for the girls - when they weren't climbing trees or balancing on logs?

It would be this numpty -

I managed to wangle one photo off John's computer once he shrank it down to a moderate size.
Proof that it isn't just my girls who like to have fun.

Susan

3 comments:

  1. I love bluebells - reminds me of where I grew up in Warwickshire as we had a wood at the bottom of the garden and we used to play in it during the spring and summer and have great fun. Oh and there were the primroses - they were lovely too. Great photos and the end one is such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do miss the bluebell woods in spring, together with the wonderful smell of wild garlic. Looks like you all had a great time. Wonderful memories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great fantastic day out! There is a place called Coton Manor that is suppose to have a bluebell walk...bet it is in full swing (pardon the pun to your photo) at the moment :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.