Wednesday 14 September 2011

Swap Items Completed

I have officially completed all items for the Goodie Swap 2011. Neither partner has commented on any thing I have made, to the positive or negative. But then again they haven't commented on anyone else's either so they will hopefully be happy with what I have made for them. (Fingers and toes crossed here.)

The second fabric bag is not really to my taste, too sombre, but this is about  my partner - not me.


It is a strange feeling making something for someone you have never met, and in all likelihood never will, and hoping that they will like it when you have so little information to go on. But that's the way it goes when you sign up for a swap, you never know who your partner will be and if they will involved in the group or silent spectators.


So for better or worse, I have completed my items and just have to wait until the official posting date.

For Partner #1
For Partner #2
That is another item ticked off my list. Job done! Great - so now would be the time to confess I have signed up for another swap - the DS Quilts Fabrics Doll Quilt Swap. It is just getting started but can be found here on Flickr. I wasn't going to do it, because these doll quilts must be made with fabrics by Denyse Schmidt. As most of you know, this is readily available at Jo-anne's in the USA and Spotlight in Australia, and therefore much harder for the rest of us to get hold of. Typically Kat came to the rescue and sent me some of the fabric so that I could take part. I have now received this fabricy goodness in the post from her -


Looks like I have a doll quilt to make before the end of October. Thankfully I already have an idea in mind. I don't know many people in this swap though so not sure of the skill level yet - which makes me quite nervous. We shall see how it goes.

I am trying to get up the will to hoover now. Sitting here at the computer I am procrastinating for England. But it really does have to happen sooner or later, and is it most definitely did not happen sooner and later is now I had best get on with it.

Susan

19 comments:

  1. I love your swap items! Number 1 is definitely more my colours but I'm sure they'll both be appreciated (and if not you could always 'do a Lynne'..!). How's the hoovering?! Fancy coming and doing my front room while you've got the knack?! Looking forward to hearing about your doll quilt plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well on this project you are way ahead of me but I think I just have the edge in the QAL... all your goodies are fab and I think the lovely Ayumi will be coming to my rescue too...for the goodies. What is the etiquette as to extras to include?? Do you include extras or is it just the rug and the goodie? i`m asking you as the queen of swaps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your small goodies & MRs are fab and I'm sure your partners will love them! You obviously didn't get put off by silent partners anyway, signing up for another swap!! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I know I am not your partner in the Goodie Swap because I have commented on your beautiful creations! Only one of my partners has commented on anything I have posted, so I am feeling the same as you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for you finishing!!
    I thought I was finished but now I have to start one of my mugrugs & goodies all over again. I am having slight inferiority issues since my partner is so talented. Hmmm... I will think of something though...
    And ha - I totally forgot what I sent you. Funny to see it again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't be your partner because I've commented! So I can rule two out - unless this is all part of some cunning double bluff ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have made such fantastic, beautiful, creative MRs and goodies your partners would have to be pleased. Thank you so very much for putting in a whole-hearted effort even if your partners are not participating as you'd like. You're the best, S! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your MR's and baskets are bloomin lovely and your partners will love them I am quite sure. You've certainly helped make the swap fun for me :-)
    Love the DS... little envious...lol Cant wait to see what you've got up your sleeve for that (ideas that is, not snotty hankies)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your swap partners will love what you made. Great job!

    Oh, I just can't get enough of those DS fabrics. Makes me want to hop in a car and travel south of the 49th parallel to find the nearest Jo-anns, and load up! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I never bother to comment - they might be for me!!!!!!!!!

    I am so in love with the DS fabric - you cannot imagine the restraint I exercised to stay out of that swap!!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love you swap gifts. Those basket/bags are the bomb. Very cute results with both fabrics. I'm sure your partners will be thrilled.

    You are turning into the Queen of Crafting swaps! Im looking forward to seeing what you do for your doll quilt with those fabrics. Im sure it'll be sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your swap rugs and goodies are fab; shame you have silent partners, it kinda kills it a little bit! I still have one goodie left to make, will do it this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your swap items are really lovely! Shame both your partners are silent. I have one quiet partner and it does make it harder. I'm really not sure what to make for her. You've done great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your swap goodies are fab! I hope you got round to making the hoover happy. Mine forced me, really, to use her after a washing powder spillage late, I mean really late, monday night!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All your swap goodies look fab! Must be pretty tricky trying to second guess what to make for silent swap partners. I wouldn't know as I'm too chicken to do anything other than fabric swaps.

    loving the DS fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous - you must have struck them dumb by the awesomeness of your makes Susan - everbody would love to get your gorgeous goodies and MRs! Can't you hear us all drooling!

    I have one silent one - not a dickybird of a comment anywhere that I can see! Frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i think your swap projects are great! your partners will be happy with them, i am sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Susan, the items you have made for your partners are stunning. I am in this swap too and am guilty of not having the time to get onto Flickr until just about an hour ago to see what others have made. (Yea Cindy scolded me for that - btw, this is my first swap.) Whomever receives your goodies will be very lucky...it might even me me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, this is Benta's daughter (the one who got the mug rug even though she wasn't supposed to) i was with her when she opened her post. if you could see her face when she realized what it was, and then even more so when she read the letter! I just thought i should let you know that without a doubt you just made her day, if not her month! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.