Friday 23 September 2011

Has Someone Put Something In My Tea?

You would think one day a week having energy was enough. It is most certainly what I am used to. So I am very suspicious that someone has been tampering with my tea, or sold me magic bananas for my cake. Because I was at it again today, and far too cheerful about it for this behaviour to resemble anything approaching normal for me.

It might be the weather because I love this weather. Crisp mornings, bright skies, autumn tinges on the trees. When I needed to do errands around the village I chose to walk. It was just so nice strolling here and there, getting things done. If I could have thought up more errands I would have done them just for the pleasure of being out there.

Instead I came home to hang out the laundry, make dinner and make Sunday's dinner - as I will be rather busy that day. When that was all sorted I set to sewing with a vengeance. I got the backing blocks done for the Across the Seas quilt.


Baby bear.
Mama bear.
Papa bear.
Those three blocks were simple. Just pieced them without thought. The trouble started when I attempted to piece the last one without thought. Me and my seam ripper were BFF today. Dear me, but I did make a lot of silly mistakes, including the class dunce attempt at sewing the fabrics wrong sides together, instead of right. I messed up one of my corner blocks and didn't notice until the block was all done - then it stood out like a sore thumb. (Really it was just a repeat of my last attempt at the FWQAL blocks!) Is it any wonder that I don't usually sew to a pattern and quite often make it up as I go along?! Then I don't make mistakes, I work with them and quite often turn them into an intentional part of the pattern.

But I got there in the end -

I can only presume that this block is Goldilocks!
OMG! I've done it again! It's like groundhog day with these blocks instead of the FWQAL ones. Because it is all wrong, isn't it?! Why aren't the mistakes visible to me until I put a photo on my computer screen? Which part of my brain just does not link to my eyes until too late?

Well, this post is over. I have more seam ripping to do before I take the girls to Brownies - and helping out there tonight too. I had best check the fridge that there is a bottle of wine in it. I just might have driven myself to drink again!

Susan

16 comments:

  1. Hilarious! But at least it's balanced, with a wrong bit on each side! I sewed the corners on this one wrong first time too, easy done my friend! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! what a busy bee! shame Golilocks is a little lopsided :) Drink some wine and it will be fixed in a trice :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot type my initial reaction, but I am laughing at my wit and your stupidity!

    Mind you - Ceri, who on Earth is Golilocks? - sounds like it would not be re-printed these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, we've all had sewing days like that :) I love your little Goldilocks theme - the blocks and idea are adorable.

    Sunday dinner already? Now you're just bragging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, who's going to know it's not deliberate I say? But if you wnat that wine, go ahead, you've had a very busy day - you deserve it! It is Friday after all (isn't it?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just trying to work out what was bothering me about your block and then I caught sight of the text underneath - lol, it's so easily done, especially when there have been other mistakes. Mind you Goldilocks is a bit of a madam ;o) You obviously needed a cake break! Hope Brownies goes well...enjoy the wine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did the wrong side to right side today (first time in a long time) and did exactly the same with one of the corner blocks...love your bordered block. Gorgeous! Go and have a lie down Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks are looking great: you have my admiration (I have cheated) with all that sewing and cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup I think you do need to ask yourself what's been goin in your tea / banana cake... Do love the laugh we get out of it though :-) Hope you've not been run ragged by the brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just when it was all going so well! You make me chuckle Susan - I love that you tell us warts and all! The blocks are lovely and Goldilocks will look great after corrective surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the best quilters deliberately put a mistake into their quilts I've heard.Maybe that's what you were doing subconsciously...

    I think someone is putting uppers in your food. Can you ask them to send me some!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol! Golilocks was definitely a badly behaved child! Hope you enjoyed the wine, I definitely needed lots last night. And I'm with Cindy... Sunday dinner? On a Friday? I didn't even manage Friday's dinner! Stop making us less organised folk feel bad ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I saw that block, I did wonder who was going to have to break the bad news to you! Then I saw the comment below. Never mind, undo it tonight, then leave it until tomorrow, and then it'll be a new start, not a remake! That's my logic anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well if you try to outdo us by doing Sunday dinner on Friday that's what happens! LOL! I feel your pain Susan - the back of the quilt gave me a few hiccups - deep breath! Best to do it before too much wine or who knows how Goldilocks will end up!?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I promise you I am not laughing **snigger** I am sure you worked it out in no time. Thanks for sharing your mistakes...it makes me hate your energy a little less.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did the same. I was rather fed up with this block when I realized my mistake. I had to start over and make a new one. I was so annoyed. Hey ho......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.