Sunday 25 September 2011

Day of Rest?

Can I go to bed now? It is almost 4pm. Oh, I could use a sleep though. I've been to the cinema with a friend...

... and nine children. Then we took them all to lunch. It went pretty well. The buffet had lots to choose from - Chinese, Indian, Mexican, Italian, etc. There was only one child who professed to not like one single thing on the whole buffet except chips (aka fries). They all found things to like in the dessert section, especially the chocolate fountain. And it is done, Emily's belated and shared mini birthday party. It's tough being an August baby and either being away for your birthday or having all your friends away. This was to make up for it. Plus she got to share a birthday do with her best friend. That's go to be good.

Shared sodas.
Shared birthday parties.
And matching Hello Kitty lip glosses.
Is anything more required from a day like this. I think not!

Susan

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good time was had by all. So back to the "regularly scheduled program" tomorrow huh? BTW I want some Hello Kitty lip gloss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like some buffet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like fun! Maybe more fun for the girls than you, but still fun! Any day with Hello Kitty is a good one.

    Now, go off and take that nap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww lucky Emily :-) Its pants to have birthdays in august, I know... mine usually fell on the day after we started back at school - nightmare! Glad the kids had a great time, hope you're surviving okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo cinema AND buffet! that'll definitely make up for the lateness of the celebration...what movie? was it one you could kind of enjoy too?! x (I have cinema withdrawals as we haven't been since little F was born)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What did you go and see? Sounds kind of fun although 9 children...that`s a lot. Cute photos of Emily and yes, us August babies are a down trodden bunch. She`ll be in therapy next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it's over for another year phew! Looks like she had a great time! You deserve some sewing time and a bit of relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations of pleasing nearly all the little people! Now you deserve a rest, and some sewing time of course! Here's to fresh start and some of that special tea for tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's one kid on every crowd that only eats fries. I say let them have at it-unless it's your OWN kid.

    Sounds like a lovely day (for the 9 children - are you nuts?) I hope you treated yourself to a glass on wine and get an early night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure by now you are tucked up in bed, but glad all went well today. Perhaps you should entitle tomorrow a day of rest! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm afraid I was the kid who wanted the fries! But I don't think I had a brithday treat like this one. Good job as they say.

    I sincerely hope that by now you are chilled and on the outside of a glass of wine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Know exactly how she feels. Im a july baby, which used to sit in the middle of the july fortnight. Sometimes I had christmas parties instead. This looks super fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know how she feels - my birthday used to fall in the summer holidays (but doesn't now - maybe they really were longer when we were little?!) but it looks like the kids had a great time - any chance you got a nap in the pictures?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.