Monday 30 April 2012

The Sun is Shining so...

... I can finally say, 'Ta-Dah!'. The official unveiling of Stained Colourful in its finished state. It actually was finished last Thursday evening to be completely honest. But I already had Friday's post written as I knew Friday was going to be a write off in terms of sewing or blogging. And then the sunshine did a disappearing act of amazing standards. And when it did reappear I did not wish to go out in a garden as soggy as this.

The view from our front door.
Scenic reflection an all new feature!
No child was hurt in this photo shoot.
Child used only to demonstrate water depths.
Oh, and because she wanted to be outside playing in it.
Today the sun is shining and I grabbed the opportunity while it existed. Out I went quilt in hand.

This quilt just makes me happy.

And the back!
Ever since I sent Wonky Stars to live in Finland there has been a void in my life. But not any more. Stained makes me grin from the very centre of my soul on out. I can't thank Sarah enough for starting this QAL and making the pattern available to all of us.

My binding is extremely scrappy.
Part of me wanted to do a Kona charcoal binding
but in aid of continuity on my sofa I went for this.
And this is good enough for me.
It might not be a traditional stained glass quilt with black sashing,
but it positively glows in the sunshine.
No Ta-Dah photo shoot would be complete without the
obligatory rolled up quilt shot.
Despite the wind, and the mud puddles
I came back in with an unsullied quilt.
Yay!!
Some things in life will always make you smile when you see them. Stained Colourful is one of them for me. As you can imagine threats are already rife in this house. 'Don't you dare eat that samosa near my quilt!' 'No squash near my quilt!' You get the idea. I am extremely possessive about this one. Mine, all mine!

Susan

36 comments:

  1. It turned out beautiful...and it's nice to see that you are so happy with it...that makes it all worth while...congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is very beautiful and so cheerful! I love both the front and the back and the binding and the quilting. Those big puddles are not so nice, I hope the sun stays out long enough to dry them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an absolutely beautiful quilt, both front and back. It will be a family heirloom. It will brighten your day every time you catch a glimpse of it. Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Really pretty, all those fun colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Well done ...and I'm glad that the rain seems to have stopped a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so so pretty S! But man look at that puddle!!! You could have a floating BBQ at this rate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful sunny quilt, just what you need at the moment. When is this rain going to stop!! I've had enough of it now. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I simply love this quilt. So much so that I searched out the pattern and downloaded it for some quilting fun. I have decided to use white sashing too cause yours is just so pretty. Thanks so much for the inspiration, I hope mine turns out as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a lovely quilt, really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyful, colourful and fun! Bring it to London I want to see this one for real and you can protect it from samosas if you do!

    Love the new swimming pool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely and bright! quite the opposite to your of your puddle wonderful yard!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know what you mean about having a quilt that you love that just makes you happy when you see it! Enjoy it! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Droughts can be so messy.

    Love your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Suse I cant tell you how much I love it!! Its wonderful, and yes girls, do as you're told, no food or drink near it (unless its chocolate and you're giving it to your mother who is sitting in said quilt...)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Suse I cant tell you how much I love it!! Its wonderful, and yes girls, do as you're told, no food or drink near it (unless its chocolate and you're giving it to your mother who is sitting in said quilt...)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beauty! So glad you've finally got some sun! I think we've been hogging it these past 2 weeks! jxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woo hoo! It's so beautiful I don't know what to say. I love it. I love it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is such a happy quilt :) Beautiful!
    Love your daughter in her wellies, that really is some rain!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a stunning quilt. Such gorgeous happy colours. Sorry to see the drought is causing you so much garden trouble ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't believe all that water surrounding your place! WOW

    Love the quilt though...Gorgeous with a capital G!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving your cheapskate swimming pools!
    The quilt looks so stunning - Sarah's pattern we salute you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don`t blame you - it is a lovely happy quilt (whereas I think mine is moody and sombre!) - it reminds me of th colour of Refreshers or another sweet I can`t put my finger on. Literally and metaphorically. It`s gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A stunning quilt achieved with beautiful fabric choices! It will bring you lots of joy, as long as you keep the girls grubby little hands off it!! Great water feature too!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful colours in your quilt - enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's beautiful. I love both the front and the back. Glad you are so happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I adore this quilt. It makes me want to run into my sewing room to see if I can make something half as gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh it should totally be yours, all yours! Food and drink near it? Eek!

    BTW, love the new water feature...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow... That's a lot of rain. Normally we Danes moan about the weather but you will hear no more complaints from me after seeing how much rain you've had. Luckiily there's so much sunshine in your lovely quilt to make up for the missing sun :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. beautifu l -it certainly is a happy quilt and you really deserve to keep it - keep smiling!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have renamed this quilt Stained Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  31. It is beautiful!! I love the irony of the water up to the knees standing next to the BBQ pic ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's gorgeous Susan, I love it! I think you made the right choice with the scrappy binding, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  33. wow, I love it. It looks so bright and cheerful and love the quilting

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love it, I really love it! Oh..if it were mine! (my pathetic attempt at a stained quilt is still in pieces and FQs in a Tesco's bag :( !! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.