Tuesday 17 April 2012

Apologies

Today I have a couple of apologies to make.

First up, the man in the bank this morning. The man standing behind me in the bank to be precise.

I do sincerely(ish) apologise for inconveniencing you so much by going into the bank to do some business banking. I do realise that it was 'bloody ridiculous' that it took so long, and that 'you really would have gone in the other line if you had realised', and to explain 'what on earth was going on' - I had some banking to do. It was complicated. It took a while. I am sure you will be pleased to know that the teller was ever so nice. Helpful. Pleasant. You would have found out for yourself if you hadn't stormed off.

And the next apology goes to the man who (due to my uncanny lip reading ability) called me a number of names on the back road on my way back from town. I apologise for going round the corner at the same time as you. I am so sorry that it seemed to take you by surprise. I understand that there was no way you could have known I was there due to the high hedges (likewise I must add) - but I would like to point out that you were on my side of the road!

Just a thought - when you are going round a left hand bend and can't see what is coming you might not want to hug the very far right hand side of the bend if you are not prepared for the chance that someone might be coming the other way. But I do realise that I seemed to have put a dent in your mood (but not your car) so therefore I issue this apology.

If anyone else feels they are owed an apology please let me know. I shall add you to the list.

Meanwhile, I have the binding made for the Siblings quilt...


... and decided to compare some DMC perle cotton to my eBay bought stash. The first thing that I noticed - when not swooning at the sheer beauty of these colours - was that while the DMC was about twice as expensive, it also had about twice as much on the spool. Now there's something to think about! The perle cotton is sitting on a metre of charcoal Kona. I thought that I might need some to try out some of the ideas lurking in the dark corners of my mind. Thanks for the amazingly quick service from Annie, at The Village Haberdashery, once again.


And finally, I stumbled upon these ribbons while I was running errands about town this morning. I couldn't resist. I have no purpose for them yet - but I really needed to have some, just in case.


Now, I must go. Meatloaf to make. Binding to attach. And I am sure that I will come up with more people to apologise to before the day is done. I just seem to be annoying people today.

Susan

35 comments:

  1. oh dear poor you. Sounds like quite a day.
    On the plus side at least you have lovely ribbons & pearl cotton to cheer yourself up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you will go into the bank with your fruit machine winnings what do you expect? Do you feel better now? I hope so. Love the labels and need to talk to you about the spools. Hope this afternoon is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...so sorry the grumps are out in force today. I'm sure they would appreciate your appologies...NOT...but I do. You made me laugh.

    Love the ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pretty sure I am due an apology. You had those yummy perle cottons sent to your home and not mine....I am sure it was just a minor oversight :-) Have a great rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for you (although you made me laugh). I like to imagine the force of sympathy generated by your post having a karmic effect on bank man and road man right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did make me laugh! Sometimes people are just impossible aren't they! It's good that you can take it all with a shrug and laugh about it. Mind you, I think I'd have had words with the man on the wrong side of the road - that's seriously dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny! Isn't it bizarre the way people behave when they are feeling all important?
    Loving your perle cotton. I'm a fan of Anchor perle as well as DMC.And those ribbons are screaming 'Retreat"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh honey. not all people are nutters. go back to your sewing room...it's happy in there.
    that ribbon has NAME TAG SWAP written all over it! no "made in britain" for me, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah though you do apologise beautifully, I dont ever want to earn one... lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some people just have "I'm more important than anyone" syndrome. It must be quite a shock for them to discover that they aren't. Poor sods.
    I love the ribbon, please let us know from whence it came!! My ordering finger is itchy!! LOL
    Hope the rest of the day is unapologetic.
    Cheers
    Lush
    London, UK

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank god I've never been caught tutting in the queue behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some people re just mean...I hope you are having a better evening. The thread colors are pretty, and I still like your purple quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. urgh the silly sods!! Some people are just so miserable. The perle makes me smile and hopefully brought joy to your day, along with the super cute ribbons! Enjoy your meatfloaf :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Didn't you know that they were very important men? No? No one else did either - they are just bullies! The binding, ribbons and perle are just lovely. Sit and sew, whilst shutting out the big bad world for a while. You will soon regain your well being. Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. goodness me WHAT were you thinking... going into the bank to do BANKING!! How could you? AND to be on your own side of the road!! I am surprised at you... notice each time it was a MAN... just saying xx love the ribbon xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very funny - needed that - thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am ashamed to say I am one of those people! I am so impatient, and everything that annoys me is always someone else's fault, and my language when annoyed would make a docker blush! I am a lovely person really, I just have no patience *must learn self-control* That said, I am a teacher, and I have endless patience with the kids. Maybe it gets used up, I have none let over for out of school!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh that was so good I had to read it out loud.x

    ReplyDelete
  19. hilarious, I love a bit of sarcasm! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You do seem to attract the nutters!! I hope tomorrow is a nut-free zone! I love your new purchases!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you got that off your chest! You have a wonderful sense of humor! Love the ribbon! Made in Britain would look great on a Zakka pincushion (for Retreat???)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I demand an apology for you making me laugh maniacally and scaring my poor flatmate - he's derranged enough as it is...

    ReplyDelete
  23. A couple of close calls there I'd say! What a funny post! Love those ribbons - I've a feeling they might make an appearance at a certain weekend?? Btw, do you have a recipe for meatloaf? I've tried a few but not much success with the rabble so far! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. How many bloody times must I ask you to put a hilarity disclaimer at the top of your posts when you’re going to make me laugh out loud while Im drinking coffee first thing in the morning . I am utterly fed up with wiping coffee off my desk, my monitor , and the floor. Sheesh !

    I love those ribbons. Why cant I ever find gorgeous ribbons that I have no use for . You owe me an apology too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hmm doing banking in the bank, who knew! You do seem to be a magnet for "interesting" people, thanks for the laugh first thing in the morning.
    Those ribbons look lovely, great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would love to read your OSCAR speech!

    Poor you - tomorrow should be a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Askholes the pair of them! Love the ribbon and the perle.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Susan, you do make me giggle...it really winds me up when people are un-necessarily rude, so I can very much identify with you! Lovely perles, one day, when I have more time, I might invest :) x

    ReplyDelete
  29. And this is why we're friends.

    ReplyDelete
  30. It is so nice that you remind me every so often that you are truly a Canadian! Lucky thing you hug the road, please drive carefully as it seems some people are too busy mouthing off to think about driving. Nice threads you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh Susan I lol'd when I read your post! I have had days like that when I just seem to annoy the world! Some people are just plain rude and the world seems to revolve around them! I used to work in customer service pre kids and boy what an eye opener. They were worse over the phone than in person. Horrible people. :((

    Love the Perle as always and I have some kona charcoal coming too which I am excited about as I have never used it before :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh Susan, I do wish you'd learn to behave and stop inconveniencing people with your selfishness!

    I'm loving that ribbon...

    ReplyDelete
  33. ha ha, great post: thank you

    ReplyDelete
  34. You sounds like me...I had a lady turn into me at full speed on a blind corner...I hope she read my lips, "SLOW DOWN"..honest, that's what I said. I had to be good there were minors in the car :o)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Yep, I needed that dose of sarcastic Susan at her best this morning... Miss you. Love the quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.