Tuesday 10 April 2012

Looking Into My Crystal Ball

Here we go again, me trying to decide what I will accomplish in the next three months - and whether I can make a better guess at it this time. Hmmmm? I wonder. Well, as I need to link up with Rhonda and her Finish-a-Long Party and make my intentions known I had best get on with it. FAL - Q2 here we go!

1. I will finish Emily's quilt. I will. Or she will kill me and I won't be able to post about my failure to do so.


2. I will make the backing, baste, quilt and bind my Stained Pink Colourful quilt. I am looking forward to getting this one done so may stand fairly good odds of completing this.


3. I will make another block for my Brit Bee quilt and get on with turning these wonderful blocks into a quilt. Though I do have odd thoughts of hand quilting it so we shall see on this one.


4. Finish making my For the Love of Birds blocks and get on with turning them into a quilt. I do have the backing fabric now so am theoretically one step closer to a finish. I'll show you the backing fabric tomorrow. Maybe.


Right, that's enough. Because I have a notion that there might be another swap on the horizon. And I still have to finish the name tag for my secret partner at the retreat. Oh, and let's not forget make four items for the sample swap there. Throw in a bit of life, the odd meal or two to prepare, infrequent housework and I think my days will be full.

Susan

22 comments:

  1. Full indeed! I think you had better tackle Emily's first, otherwise there maybe a mutiny in your house! Loving the bird blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea to set goals but somehow they make me feel more like I failure when I don't accomplish them. Perhaps I should just set a goal of finishing something!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get Emily's quilt done or take it to the FQ retreat! Poor girl!

    The others look good too though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such bright happy blocks! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is Emily's quilt bound while you hand quilt? If not, consider binding it now and then you are just adding to it while she can use it. I love your Stained, it will be fun to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pretty to do list you have there! Must make myself one this time. Last time I had no brain space but perhaps this time I cope with joining in :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you will get them all done, no problem ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you will get it done it all looks lovely :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving your projects! The bird quilt is genius. I have so many bird prints... I should make one of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lots to do there then! I finished my name tag over the weekend, which was a big releif!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lots to do there then! I finished my name tag over the weekend, which was a big releif!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let's hope for some rainy days so you can get your machine out and get busy! Or maybe some sunny and still days so you can take your machine outside?!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really need to rename your blog The Canadian Colourist, as your posts and quilts are so colourful. Look who`s talking I hear you saying. Good luck Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely looking projects to work on, I think you'll do it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Been reading your 'Up North' posts and it sounds like you all had a whale of a time, despite the weather! Is Em's hair shorter - I love it! Well back to porridge and unfinished finishalongs (I knew there was a good reason I did join in!). Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're factoring in HOUSEWORK??? What have things come to...
    Tootoo many tootoo gorgeous quilts to pick one to comment on. Love 'em all...

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are all lovely quilts and I reckon that you will complete them, but don't worry too much about the housework. If you are sitting at the sewing machine then you aren't making the other rooms dirty (especially when the children are at school). That is my excuse anyway! Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're committed to finishing Emily's quilt now. Im sure you'll manage it and do a ton besides.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Och, just ignore that infrequent housework, that'll give you time to finish them all ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can we vote on these? I say the stained quilt cos I SOO want to see this finished! (Don't tell me off Emily!) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am in super duper love with quilts 2, 3 and 4. I don't know how you choose which to work on with this line up.

    You're crackin' me up with Emily's quilt. The little sprite might actually take you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.