Friday 20 April 2012

Grab the Moment While You Can

The sun was shining this morning. Not one to miss the chance, I had the Siblings Together quilt outside and hanging off the swing set as soon as I came home from the school run. I even (in fear of retribution from Hadley) used matching purple clothes pegs to hang it. I never knew this, but things like this can be important to some.

I do apologise if you are sick of the sight of this quilt, but this is the final bit of my documenting its creation. Promise!


For a quilt that I really had my doubts about when I was making the first blocks - I love this in your face purple creation now.


The binding is super scrappy. I cut all the fabrics used from FQs or smaller. Mostly purples but a little bit of pink in there too.


It finished up to be approximately 55" square. Not huge, but its more than big enough for me to snuggle under so it will be great for a child. Could everyone please refrain from pointing out that the majority of eleven year olds are taller than me these days, thanks!

A final gratuitous shot.

I am so glad I got these final photos, because you know what the weather is doing now, don't you!

The drought continues!

Hope you enjoy your weekend.

Susan

26 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! I'm sure it will give some child a wonderful hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely...and apparently the rain is going to continue into May...not to upset you or anything;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome, awesome, awesome finish. this is so super cool and will be absolutely loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It`s great Susan and so relieved to hear you had enjoyed your summer...this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could never tire of seeing this lovely quilt!! You did a great job on it. It is going to rain here Sunday for a couple of days; I guess. I don't want it, but we can use it right now. Then it can go away!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks brilliant sweetie, load up as many pics as you like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purple-lishous! I'm with Had re: the pegs - sorry, I can't help myself! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. you can post as often as you want .. it is great xx Matcching clothes pegs!!? Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's wonderful, and will make someone really happy.

    We have rain and cold here too (40 F and 2 inches of rain last night-- just glad it wasn't snow.) We had really warm weather in early March and got spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the pegs, I didn't want my evening spoilt with a blatant disregard for all things holy!

    Greta quilt indeed x

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful loved all the pics of it !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have made a fabulous quilt there Susan - someone will love snuggling underneath. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is lovely and I am sorry to hear that your nice weather is all gone. I am somewhat concerned about matching pegs, however. Some folks need to get out more perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh, you got the blue sky window I caught the other night, I knew it would work its way down to you eventually ;o)

    I never knew about the clothes pegs either...

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is droughting here today too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm anal about a lot of things but matching clothes pegs are one of the few things I couldn't give a fig about. It's a good day here when I remember to hang out the washing so I cant afford to be choosy about the colour of my pegs.

    You did good girlfriend. That quilt is going to be loved and snuggled under a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do kind of like having matching clothes pegs. They don't necessarily have to be the same colour as each other or what they are pinning but they do have to all be the same type.
    I'm not at all sick of the sight of the quilt, it's lovely and is going to make someone very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I love it more...those outside, sunshine shots are great! It will be loved, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks wonderful Susan- love the scrappy binding!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The quilt is beautiful, and I know it will become someone's life-long treasure. Does drought have different meaning in British English? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad you had a break in the rain just to take these fabulous photos of your purple quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Its gorgeous Susan, but matching pegs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a little late to this, but this is a fab finish Susan, so bright and cheery, I love it! Great movement with the colour placement :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.