Saturday 21 April 2012

Last One to the Party?

I will not be the first one to mention this on a blog, and many regretted the passing of Picnik. But have you had a play on PicMonkey yet? I am loving it and can't wait to see what they come up with as they develop the site because it is the easiest thing in the world to go and play with your photos there. And if you ever found that Picnik took a little longer than the time you had available, PicMonkey gives what amounts to almost instant gratification.

Now keeping in mind that I am very easy to keep entertained at times, this is just good old fashioned fun. I went onto the website because I had some photos for a tutorial that needed 'things done' to them. I was instantly hooked on how fast and easy PicMonkey is to use. Perfect for numpties like me.

Some text and a simple frame.

Playing with colour and effects.

I love this brick thing!
And the 'film' frame.

Let's not forget a little cropping,
and a good old fashioned poloroid shot.
I think I have found a program that works for me as my needs are limited. And when they expand and ask for money for membership I will be at the front of the line - as long as it is not a stupid amount.

Did I mention that it is really quick?

Susan

19 comments:

  1. You're right! It is easy and fun! What a great way to re-post photos, but make them look fresh and new! Thanks for encouraging me to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you meant as long as it is NOT a stupid amount right? LOL
    Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, go mentioning money, giving 'them' ideas - numpty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You WANT to pay lots? Strange woman ;o) And yes, very easily amused, obviously... :oD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of it and it's on my list of things to go try. Like I need more distractions! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to try it, I just run out of time but it looks fun, maybe I will give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I'm gonna try it. I have been using Picassa for years but I might have to jump on board the PicMonkey train.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to go over and have a look, I keep reading all the rave reviews and I need something easy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's sounds like my kind programme if it really is numpty proof ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've all but given up on the photo editing websites. I guess I'll try this one out and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've all but given up on the photo editing websites. I guess I'll try this one out and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that looks like fun, and simple too for a numpty like me! Love the brick wall effect. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I nearly missed this post - did you post late because you were having such fun?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I signed up to PicMonkey a while back, but still haven't used it. Must go and play.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im going to wander over and have a look. That brick effect is pretty cool.

    Im so out of the loop - I didnt even know Picnik had died!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.