Tuesday 10 June 2014

Warming Things Up Around Here

I did an unscientific poll on IG by posting this photo -


- of the first 29 blocks I had made and asking if I should stick with this colour scheme or add in some of the warm colours.

The vote went overwhelmingly to adding in some warm blocks. I always intended to add in some pinks and oranges but when I laid out these blocks together I liked them on their own more than I expected. Only the touches of warm colours in some of the fabrics still pushed me towards sticking to the original plan. Then I got that helpful opinion poll and therefore I proceeded with cutting. I don't have that many DS in oranges and pinks but I think it should be enough. The plan is 42 blocks in total.


The above photo was supposed to be of completed blocks. I got distracted today and failed to achieve as much as planned. Hate when that happens!

I do, on the other hand, have the backing fabric for this quilt already. Go me!


It's not often that I am that organised.

Susan

16 comments:

  1. OOOO! I can't wait to see how the warms change the overall look of this top.

    It was surely scientific - you caught at least one scientist...maybe more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the top so far and, like Cindy, can't wait to see how it changes when you add the oranges and pinks! I also love that backing!

    P.S. I've just left a comment on your previous post saying that I couldn't wait to see more of this quilt and then I realised there was a new post from you so I didn't have to wait at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least one scientist and one medical field technician was polled. So absolutely scientific. *g* I'm excited to see this with some pinks and oranges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the 29 blocks together and I think the colours are great. Adding warm colours may take away from these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the backing fabric. The blocks look great already! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just love seeing you do more work ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it will look great either way ...

    Are you sure you're feeling alright - you have backing ready before you even have the top done. Who does that? Im usually scratching round just before I start basting wondering what the hell Im going to use!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see his one done! Nice backing Mrs! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these blocks - you really can't go wrong with all of that DS:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new additions. Can't wait to see the completed top.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is going to be beautiful when it is made up, you just can't go wrong with Flea Market Fancy. The floral you are adding in is one of my favourite prints. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't realise you were making this quilt for me, hurry up with the next bit please.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have kept it just like that but with one orange block. But I always was a difficult bugger ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes, but do you have enough backing fabric??? Every time I think I am super organized, I find that I am just a bit short, and have to scrape together all my scraps and bits to finish! HaHa! Good Luck, it is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you went with the warm fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.