Friday 20 June 2014

Feeling A Little Ombre Today

This morning I pulled some fabric, came up with an idea and had one of those happy times where you cut and sew, doing the maths in your head - and it actually works out.


Another gift is being made and coming together nicely. This will be a table runner for a host family. I'm hoping that I make something that will suit their home as I have never met them nor seen their home. Therefore it is a bit of a daunting thing, making this for them.

Once I had it pieced and basted I came to the conclusion that none of my threads were in the right shade of aqua for quilting this project. That led to a trip to my LQS after the school run. By happenstance, when I got my loyalty card out there I realised I had earned £20 off fabric purchases. Far be it for me to avoid buying fabric, so I came home with the thread, and some much needed basting spray, and an assortment of FQs.


The quilting has commenced, but has been rudely interrupted by the need to make dinner. Apparently they don't have appetites that are suppressed by the joys of pebble quilting like mine is. How inconvenient!

Susan

23 comments:

  1. Great colours and quilting. I'm sure your host will love it. Now go and feed the kids before they starve to death!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that runner!!! Hope you've got a quick tea planned - surprised the girls didn't start the preparation themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dashed inconsiderate wanting fed if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they are in need of training! It must be good for their souls to be kept waiting for food! They could always have cooked supper for you instead?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you had trained them!
    Nice fabrics, and the runner is looking good xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bubble! Did you not tell that your girls are perfect cooks? use it and let them make dinner for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great happenstance indeed! Love the pebble quilting, it's looking fab x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should market that pebble quilting appetite suppressing diet! I need to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It would have been breakfast cereal all around at my place for dinner !

    Your pebbles are looking great and I bet the host family will be thrilled to have a Susan original.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No Pizza shop in your neck of the woods?
    Let them eat pebbles, I say.

    Your gifts are always so beautiful. Dont know how you can part with your babies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful runner - the pebbly quilting looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, this would work perfectly in my house. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks fantastic... But seriously, did you not just finish a quilt. I wanna know what kind of pills you take to be that efficient. Share please :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool runner, love the pebbles :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the table runner and your fabric choices are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Problem is, if you keep feeding them they keep expecting it, start pointing them in the direction of the cereals and they'll soon get the message! Looking good, i'm sure they'll love it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ange has it sussed already! But you have spoiled your household by giving them great food every time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its looking fabulous, how can they not love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looking great- I can't wait til my loyalty card is full ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.