Tuesday 24 June 2014

Low Tide

As I made this table runner I started thinking the colours, and then the pebble quilting, reminded me of the beach at low tide. Maybe that is a bit of a fanciful thought, but this table runner is now named Low Tide in my mind. I might be channelling my memories of more tropical regions from my days of travelling what with the aqua blues though. Not quite the blue of the seas around England usually.


The runner measures up at 36"x14". It is made using aqua and teal scraps from my stash & Stof linen, bound with ombre fabric from Color Me Happy, and backed with the number fabric from Lucy's Crab Shack. I had to buy the thread locally so I had it right away, so unusually the thread used for quilting is Mettler in shades of aqua/teal. It sewed beautifully but I did find it gave off more lint than I have been used to using the Aurifil. I cleaned the bobbin area three times quilting this small project.


This table runner is going to be wrapped up and sent somewhere as a gift. I do hope the recipients like it as I have no idea what their home is like nor what their colour preferences are. This is just being sent on a wing and a prayer that they like these colours and modern quilting. Eeeeek!

Susan

22 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Susan, love the colours. Rx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I'm sure the recipient will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic, i'm sure they will adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure they will love it and an evocative name too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's truly beautiful Susan, a triumph :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who will not like it! It is gorgeous and perfect for summer. What a gorgeous gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If they don't like it they can send it to me! Gorgeous! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous and Im sure the intended giftees will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful. . . . really really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's lovely - great colours and fab quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anyone who does not like it is very hard to please! It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Susan, it's gorgeous. The fabric choices are spot on, the color perfect and the quilting matches the design so very well. Five stars! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I quite fancy giving Mettler a try. Fab finish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colours and the fabric placement. I'm sure the recipients will like it. I'm totally seeing the low tide thing too. Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks amazing, they will love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous runner Susan - love the blues and your quilting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just gorgeous, made in my favourite colours. I am sure they will be very pleased and impressed with it. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.