Monday 9 June 2014

Food Glorious Food

I forgot to tell you that I was in London (yes, again) on Friday, to spend the day with Terri. Terri loves her food as much as I do so this time we met up at the Borough Market. I'm faintly surprised that I didn't chain myself to one of the food vendors and refuse to leave.


We started with hot chocolates - chili for her and hazelnut for me - and chocolate coated popcorn (way better than it sounds and it had popping candy in it) to reinforce energy levels before diving into the market. We may have sat for an extra an hour just talking a mile a minute and Terri charmed the waiter - a Portuguese Australian - to the point they were exchanging recipes!

Once in the market the question of what to eat was mind boggling, mostly because we would have liked some of everything. We wandered and nibbled samples so much though that we ended up sharing some chili squid and gyoza dumplings and were full.


That didn't stop us from buying a whole load of food to take home and feed our respective families.


It was a brilliant day, with the company I was in being the best bit. Plus Terri had some fabric for me from her recent trip to Australia. (I may have mentioned to her that she could be my fabric mule.) She loves fussy cuts as much as I do so here is what is now added to my stash.


Plus Terri and I share the same sense of humour so she knew I would find this fabric hysterical too.


Just have to decide what project to use it in now! Anyone know any butchers in need of a quilt?

Susan

21 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a fantastic time! Quilty friends are the best, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posts like this make me wonder why I don't live in London and then I remember it's really expensive and it would interfere with my hockey watching but man, oh, man.... I do so love London!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like prime apron fabric to me! I need to go food market shopping sometime soon, I love that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh I love Borough market. Sounds like you guys had a grand day out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard great things about Borough market and it's on my to go to list. Your trips sounds fantastic and what great company too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're making me hungry again, stop it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought the same as Ange!! Lovely fabrics for fussy cutting - the piggy would make a nice tote back to take to market!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan! Looks like you had really great time! I need to go soon to the beach-fish taverna to get some squids and catfish (my favourite) and octapus and and and... super fun Fabrics, too! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  9. You pair together are a formidable force! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I do love Borough Market, and your companion's not bad either ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like a great day with great company. |Love chilli chocolate but not sure about chilli hot chocolate]
    borough market looks fun, somewhere new for me to visit I think

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Borough Market!!! So jealous and the chilli squid and dumplings look a_mazing!!! So glad you spent such a fab day together :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Borough Market!!! The chilli squid and dumplings look amazing! So glad you spent such a fab day together :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bas***d blogger hasn't let me comment. Gah!! For the 3rd time (and then I'm giving up), I love Borough market!! The chili squid and dumplings look a-mazing. So glad you spent such a fab day together :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope this comment works, looks like lots of probs above! I haven't heard of Borough Market but it looks brill.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Helen and Annabella really want to be heard! Food, a friend and fabric - heaven for you I think!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.