Wednesday 25 June 2014

Perfection Is Over Rated

I made a not quite Wide Open pouch today. It was supposed to be completely wide open but I failed to put the zip facing in the right direction when I installed it.


When the pouch is open the zip pull is supposed to be at the other end of the pouch. But you know what? I do not care. Because it still opens up plenty wide and I really like the fabric pull I did for this.


Things like this usually upset me but obviously someone is slipping something in my chocolate here because I am so not bothered.


This is one of a number of small makes I need to make in a short time frame so I have set myself the goal of seven small makes in seven days. One down, six to go.

Also, a quick reminder, if you were interested in winning the sewing machine cover and accessories I made for the last issue of Love Patchwork & Quilting the give away is still open and can be found here.


Susan

19 comments:

  1. Love the pouch and the stitching! Hey it works ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little pouch is just about too cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely pouch and at least you can say it's different from all the other wide open pouches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a question and I didn't want to ask on the giveaway post, how is the quilting on the sewing machine cover different than matchstick quilting? I'm not sure I understand matchstick quilting. Can you help?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you explained what was wrong with it, it looked fine to me lol Loving the other recent makes, and especially Sunday's first name filled post :oD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said! Looks great! And lovely stitchy detail! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you sure about that? Wouldn't it make more sense to have it the way you installed it? To hold the fabric pull and open the zip? My DF always says that I don't things the opposite way. Sorry, but that's how my brain works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey...lovely finish regardless! Who would have noticed??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always tell my classes that there are different levels of perfection!
    I also love the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfection is really so overrated, it used to worry me that my sewing wasn't perfect but now I think that most people wouldn't even notice the things that I do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't work out the problem with the zip on IG but now I see what you mean. Hey Sh1t happens. It's still a lovely lovely pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Susan! Your pouch is beautiful and wide! Isn't it the same wide how ever the zipper is? I haven't dare to make 'wide open' pouch but I guess i should. Your fabric choise is perfect and I love the embroidery! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  13. Either way, I LOVE it! Thanks hon, that's so kind of you - and thanks for the tea & scone & natter too... next time it's my treat. See you on Thurs for tea with Pat ;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That bag is so cute .. don't think I would have noticed anything if you hadn't mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wait until you see the title of the post I scheduled for tomorrow. I swear we are sisters sharing one brain.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never made a zippered bag or pouch. I would sooooo put zips in upside down or back to front.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.