Thursday 12 January 2012

Wow!

When Hadley, Cindy and I set up our Mouthy Stitches Swap we never in our wildest dreams thought we would fill the maximum number of allocated spots, let along do it in less than two days! Unbelievable! If you wanted to join the swap but failed to get one of those 90 spaces then please do send me a message and I will put you on a waitlist. Things change, and I do believe that a few members are there for the fun of it but can't (for various reasons) actually participate in the making. We will sort it all out and let you know if we can fit you in.

Mouthy Stitches

Meanwhile, there is another new game in town. If you are looking for a QAL then I highly recommend you take a look at my friend Sarah's (Narcoleptic in a Cupboard) Stained QAL February 2012. If you hop on over to her post here then you can see what the schedule will be for this. Having mentally figured out roughly what I wanted to do for my One for the Birds quilt, and my Heather Ross Fan Club quilt, I was still humming and ha-ing overthe plan for my Favourite Fabrics quilt. No more humming and ha-ing happening here. This is the perfect project for featuring all the different fabrics that I have known and loved - and still have a piece of!

Stained QAL

While not sitting here at the computer and admiring everyone's mosaics in the swap I have squeezed in a little sewing. I am still part of a bee after all and Miss January has had fabric with instructions sitting on my desk for several weeks now. Her instructions were to create a scrappy log cabin with the fabric provided but to please use some fabric of our own for a fussy cut centre that would reflect who we were and 'personalise' each block.

It took me a while to think what I could use in my fabric that would reflect me, my (almost) year of blogging, sewing and being in a bee. Eventually I fell on the idea of a cut from Sherbet Pips because I made three quilts from this fabric line since I met Judith and it has been one of my favourite lines of the year. Plus I used a 'scooter girl' in my Brit Swap, and that mini quilt went to another of my bee friends - Laura. So scooter girl it was.

Scooter Girl! And a few puppies for good measure.
Block two was more of a problem. I dug about in my bottomless chest of fabric. (No, I have not got to Ikea yet and do not have my lusted after and promised for storage units!) Eventually I found a bit of fabric that I thought Judith would deem suitable to reflect who I am and make her smile when she saw it.

One cheeky monkey!
Judith, I hope you like your blocks. They will be in the post soon. I won't tell you which day because I am notoriously bad for posting things when I say I will and giving you a date would just be a jinx!

Susan

19 comments:

  1. Great blocks Susan, you cheeky monkey you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scooter girl is definitely you! Although I always think of her as me, in my BQS quilt, skiing down a mountain lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, I love the cheeky monkey! I have that post issue, and I jinx it every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE my blocks! The centres are sooooo you, which is completely what I wanted. Thanks so much, and well done on a v.successful registration for Mouthy Stitches. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice blocks! (and thanks for the mention)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations on a successfully popular swap group. ANd your blocks for the bee are nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the success of the swap, Oh Misses Popularity! So chuffed for the three of you that so many people want to play along.

    Gorgeous blocks for Miss January - these are right up her street. That wee monkey will always make me think of you since you sent us the quilt top for Bee Blessed. Cool idea she had to get you all to put fabric signature pieces in your blocks (but then she's like that - full of cool ideas). bet your fave fabrics quilt will look great in that stained glass design. So much to be watching you blog space for now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your blocks. Not suprised that mouthy stitches is so succesful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wonky log cabins are great! There's a little bit of scooter girl or cheeky monkey in us all, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  10. obviously procrastinated too long - filled already - not surprised! excellent. love the blocks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow indeed about the swap and your blocks - well done Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great blocks Miss Susan. I'm ashames to say that I've had a few days offline and I therefore have no idea what the mouthy stitchy thing is about, but I'm just gutted I'm missing out on whatever it is! Off to read backwards now and see what I'm missing :D x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on filling up your swap so quickly! I'll come over and haunt you all once you've got your numbers sorted out :oD

    Love the bee blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute blocks! Wow the Mouthy Stitches filled up really fast, I'm glad I didn't do my usual procrastinating.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very Americana! Yes - Sherbet Pips scooter girl is what I would have picked for you. How lovely to be starting a new year with your so successful bee girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.