Wednesday 11 January 2012

Heather Ross Goodness and More

Over the holidays I indulged myself by purchasing a few small pieces of Heather Ross fabrics online. All in aid of my future Heather Ross Fan Club Quilt. But I also had some very kind fellow bloggers offer up some of their precious hoard. In the past few days I have had two envelopes arrive and these blogger friends have almost made me cry with their generosity.

First up came a lovely contribution from Indianna Dreams who is right here in the UK. She sent me some of her HR saying she had won it in a bloggy giveaway and was sharing the happiness. How kind is that?! Now I urge you to go have a look at her blog because when you see her scrappy Union Jack, or the bag she made as a Christmas gift, or her embroideries, you are going to want to be in the Mouthy Stitches Swap because she is too and you just might get her for your partner! (Go on, have a look and then think about how much you would like her to make you something. She is seriously good. And it is time to sweep her into this blog circle of friends.)

These dogs are so cute. And some dots!
I can't wait until I have received me HR purchases too and can start plotting and planning the quilt.
My other package came all the way from Australia and took less than a week to get here. Marg, who can be found at Sunshine? Paradise?, offered to trade me some of her HR for some of mine. Only two things - Helen got sick so I never even posted anything yet, and she sent me so much loveliness and I think I will just ship back half my stash in return. Marg is making the most amazing starflower quilt right now in the lushest of fabrics. The blocks are so gorgeous that it almost makes me want to start doing paper piecing. Almost! And she hangs out with Shay in real life as well as blogland. You just have to know she is fabulous!


The Farmer's Market I knew was coming, but not that she would send me such a whacking great big, beautiful piece of it. The Munki Munki kittens were a complete surprise. Marg said she 'found' it when she went looking for the Farmer's Market. Her HR storage is different than mine I guess. Here it all gets hoarded together, jealously watched over and death threats are carelessly thrown about if the girls so much as look at it! Look at those kittens!


Too cute for words!

That wasn't all that was in the envelope. Marg contributed to my One for the Birds quilt too. She sent me all of this -


I'd tell you what they all were but -
(a) you know that I don't know really, other than the Michael Miller (because there is a selvedge),
and (b) you probably recognise them all yourself anyway.
So I am totally overwhelmed by the generosity of the bloggers in the quilting world once again. Thank you so much ladies. I cannot express how much I appreciate these contributions to my quilting life. If you saw me last night, pressing bird fabrics and stacking them carefully ready for cutting and then just caressing my Heather Ross fabrics you would truly understand. It is a sort of madness I am sure, but a benign one.

Susan

PS: If you haven't yet signed up for the Mouthy Stitches Swap then please do go and look at the amazing group of people already signed up and think about how much you would like to be a part of this. It is going to be be fun!

20 comments:

  1. Well aren't you just a lucky duck! I am so jealous of those kittens. They are just adorable. I think I might have to go stalk Marg and see if she has any more to swap LOL...
    PS how bad is it that I have nearly all of that bird fabric in my stash, just sometimes in different colourways. I think I have a thing for birds too...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lots of eye spy lovliness there! Hoped over to Indiana's blog - talented lady, and another Poppy Teffrey fan! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am never surprised by the generosity in our little ( or large) circle of blogging friends. Quilters love to share. Can't wait to see your Heather Ross Sampler quilt coming together

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,my! I understand your love of HR and am excited to see the goodness two bloggy friends sent your way. Wow. Isn't it truly and wonderfully amazing what a generous world we live in? Enjoy your newest treasures, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On what has been a rather sh*ty day Im warmed to the soles by the lovely generosity of your bloggy friends, thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely receipts - sorry I can`t help you but I have no HR or any bird fabric...actually that`s a lie...I have a large bird print but it wouldn`t fit in with your small prints probably.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my lucky lady! Must be your just desserts for being so lovely - remind me about your birdy project please as I have some leftovers I can share if they are the right sort of birds for you.

    Only HR I have that I know off has matroyshkas on it any use?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have me nearly crying with laughter right now. Your last photo caption is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely fabric... especially like the kitties :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh, what lovely fabric: you have been lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the lucky fabric haul, especially the birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marg is very generous! We just did a private fabric swap too and I definitely ended up with the best part of the deal! Maybe I could be her partner in the Mouthy Stitches Swap and end up with MORE of her stash! The dogs from Indiana Dreams is SO cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's some haul from some very generous peeps.

    Honestly having seen Little Miss Sunshine's stash she probably didn't even miss the stuff she sent you. Her stash rivals Spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm loving the dog fabric too. Just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been busy making mosaics, now catching up on reading. That is wonderful fabric, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous parcel of fabric - how generous!! No idea what any of the fabric is...I'm as clueless as you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute! Did you just sit and hug it for a long time yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
  18. My stash is not as big as Spotlight Shay!
    Why is it that sending stuff from Oz to UK takes a nanosecond, but from there or the States to here takes between 2 -5 weeks? Glad I could help you out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.