Thursday 26 January 2012

Back in the Saddle Again

Thanks to all of you for your lovely messages, and the occasional offer to fire bomb the garage that annoyed me. (Okay, I'm joking but I am sure you would join my in some midnight mayhem if I asked nicely!) Pulverising that lemon yesterday did the trick in making me look life in the face again and believe I could take whatever it threw at me. Besides, I think lemons are afraid of me now anyway.

Today I have two children in school. No phone calls yet, though I may just jinx myself saying that. Emily asked if I was going to come medicate her at lunch today, and I declined. The teacher knows how to get in touch if I am required. I noticed a big difference in Emily this morning from the previous two so I was quite optimistic when I skipped away from the school - and that optimism seems to have been well placed.

Because even if the school calls now I have had a blissful time doing this and that. The sun is shining in through my glistening clean windows. I saw that the spring bulbs are starting to push up in people's gardens. Before you know it I will be oooooh-ing and aaaaah-ing over little baby lambs. Yes, I know it is only January but I think the spring bulbs appearing has made me slightly light headed!

Lots to tell you so had best get on with it. I spent a great deal of time last night stalking my partners for the two swaps I am in - For The Love of Solids (FTLOS) and Mouthy Stitches. Thankfully I have very vocal partners who are commenting all over the place (woohoo!!) and I came up with some ideas this morning which I posted on Flickr. And I am getting good feedback already. Not saying if that feedback is from my partners, but nice things are being said and that always makes a person smile.

Here's what I came up with -

FTLOS
My idea is to make HSTs in bright colours and then cut them into the outer portions of the Drunkard's Path block.
The inner circle will be neutral. I am leaning towards shads of cream/beige but put the darker colours
in the equation as my partner seemed to be drawn to them. I will see if I get feedback from her.
Mouthy Stitches
Pouch about 9" square.
Scrappy oranges up top and aquas on the bottom,
with a strip of linen running on the diagonal between.
Perle stitching on the diagonal strip.
It was good to check those two things off my list of things to do. Now I sit and wait to see what my partners think. I have fabric ordered that will be required for both of these so cannot get making on them yet. Oh, and zips ordered too!

Speaking of fabric orders today. I think I am losing the plot. I got this from M is for Make today.


Now don't get me wrong here. I love this piece of fabric. Love! But I do not for the life of me remember ordering it. There was one of M is for Makes little notes inside saying 'Thank you for your order'. I am thrilled to have it but suppose I had better go and see if I paid for it!

I got more happy post too. This time all the way from Cindy in Texas, who can be found here. She was really lovely and emailed me two bird fabrics for my quilt and they are massive bits. Also unique to me. I so cannot believe that there are so many different bird fabrics out there!


Eeeeek! Look at those love birds! Sweet!!!!
Meanwhile I have been fitting in a little more of this -


And more of these -



But I'm only giving you a sneaky peek, because I am headed into another busy weekend involving sleepovers, a trip to the cinema, pizzas and probably a lot of junk food. Someone in this house is turning older. Thank goodness it isn't me! So if I get too busy to accomplish anything on my projects I can fall back on the things I held back today for my weekend blog posts.

Susan

26 comments:

  1. Must be good to have the girls back in school on lots of levels...I have a little sick one with me...in fact the last three days! Well done on getting sketches going...like you, I`m waiting on fabric but I guess I can get on with a plan so that I can jump into action when it arrives. If it arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't want the Echo - I'll help you out! Maybe it's for me and they delivered to the wrong address!

    Glad the kids are at school! And you are able to get things done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your swap ideas and the bird blocks and new fabric! Glad the girls are feeling better. Oh, and the Echo is lovely - maybe you bought it in a moment of 'sod this, I really want it, I'm going to have it'?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are back to your lovely over-the-top-cheerful-and-optimistic self, wouldnt have it any other way!

    I wish fabric I hadn't ordered would drop on my doorstep... count yourself lucky, not loony!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three cheers for girls feeling better! Love your swap ideas, especially the aqua/orange :-)
    And I love the idea of unexpected fabric arriving, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love BOTH of your designs - can't wait to see more of the DP with HSTs. That will be super fantastic when it's pieced!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are plugging right along. I am still stalking my partners for fear of making a bad decision. This part of the swap process scares me. I really love you FTLOS design and the pouch design is perfect, FOR ME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sounds so much better and much more like your chipper self! Hope the girls managed to get through the entire school day and that you got some sewing done. I love your idea for the 9" pouch with the blue and orange...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your plans for the swap! Esp the solids one, too bad I'm not in that one - no chance it's for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear getting fabric you don;t remember ordering now, that's the beginning of the end my friend!

    I'm sure Kate meant to send it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Birdies! Botht he fabric and the blocks! sounds like you needed a 'quiet day' in prep for the weekend! Welcome Back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I know these designs are not for me...(very sad) I havn't had time this week to keep up with Mouthy Stitches and when I looked at it today, I am way behind...Oh no! A long weekend infront of the computer ahead....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan -1, Lemons - 0!!! Love the "Echo" print! And isn't it great to have a plan for swaps! I need to consolidate some of mine before its time to go back to work on Monday! ugh! Six weeks of summer holidays are almost over!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your design for the mouthy stitches. I have a design in my head for mine but am struggling a bit. Love that yellow fabric
    Glad both girls are on the mend

    ReplyDelete
  15. You could send it to me - LOL!!! Love your ideas for the FLOSS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great looks like ok again !!! love your bird fabrics and blocks ...also your idea for the mouthys

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your sketches, but magically appearing fabric is even better! Right enough I had a couple of those parcels this week that I barely recalled ordering... I need more sleep!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds like things are looking up, I hope the trend continues! I love your designs for the swaps too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh maybe you're shoppin in your sleep... tis possible, god knows I've done it enough... Good taste in your sleep though ;-)
    Fab burds, gonna be a cracker. Glad the sprogs are back in school!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad life is returning to normal (if only temporarily). Love your designs, esp. the pouch. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good to hear that things are looking better and the girls are both back at school.
    Love your designs for the swaps.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Subliminal message

    I think you ordered that as a present for me

    ReplyDelete
  23. I see we're both going to be in Di's bee in the near future...I guess I have to start stalking you!!! So far i like what I see - but you're another one who seems to be super-creative and super-productive!!! Puts me to shame!
    Have a good birthday weekend - they are so nice when they're over and you can collapse on the sofa and know there isn't another one for a while!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I see we're both going to be in Di's bee in the near future...I guess I have to start stalking you!!! So far i like what I see - but you're another one who seems to be super-creative and super-productive!!! Puts me to shame!
    Have a good birthday weekend - they are so nice when they're over and you can collapse on the sofa and know there isn't another one for a while!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Glad you finally got a day to yourself with no calls from the school or drop in's needed!

    I am sending wishes your way that you manage to make it through this weekend with your sanity intact.

    Happy Birthday Miss Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I saved this post to ask something but it took until today to remember what that was. LOL

    Do you need more birdy fabrics?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.