Monday 30 January 2012

Sewing Progress...

... is completely non-existent in this house. Instead life got taken care of. The going here and there, doing this and that. And then there was the birthday girl. Because while we celebrated Helen's birthday all weekend, she pointed out that today was her birthday. And the birthday girl gets to choose what she would like for dinner on her birthday. Ah, yes, I had forgotten to consult her. She remedied that. So today I did a grocery shop too.

I took two avocados and squashed them. Literally.
Once stoned and pealed, I squeezed them in my fists.
Works a charm - if squashed up avacados is what you are after.
Chuck in some of these.
And some garlic.
And the guacamole was made.
Salsa - chopped tomatoes, red onion, coriander, chili and garlic.
Easy peasy!
Chicken, onions and peppers.
Lots of spices.
From a packet!
Oh please, this is a last minute request.
So the birthday girl, who is dragging this out for all it is worth, is getting her requested dinner of chicken fajitas. Wonder if she will be happy with eleven candles stuck in the remains of the cake?

Susan

PS: I promise this is not turning into a food blog. Sewing will recommence - when life and them let me.

23 comments:

  1. Oh, fajitas! My favourite! (well, one of them...) Happy birthday Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Helen! Enjoy that delicious dinner - love love gaucamole, and the fajitas look great too. BTW, Di has a birthday month so you`re getting off lightly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YUM! I'll be right over. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh Happy Birthday Helen! Chief got me into Fajitas only I can't stand coriander so I don't put that in mine when I make them. I do Chief's deep fried ice cream for pud which he says I make better than he's had in any Mexican restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not the meal I would expect from a Canadian in Brittian....but yummy none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Helen! Great tea, glad we've had ours before I saw this! :) Great job Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a grand mother you are! Helen will thank you and remember this birthday, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to Helen, of course she could get a birthday dinner, what were you thinking susuan? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to Helen. tea looks scrummy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, way to milk it Helen! I get my choice of dinner both this Friday (when I get to my parents') and Saturday, my actual birthday. Dad really wanted to go out to dinner on Saturday, but we're on a course in Liverpool during the day, so no idea when we'd get back, and anyway, eating out this early on in this diet is a bugger, so I said no (so now he's sulking lol)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy real Birthday Helen - time for bed!

    PS I usually have a 26 day run-up to my birthday starting on 1st June!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I won't complain about all the yummy postings . . . As long as there's a place set for me at the table! ;-). Happy birthday Helen! Glad your girls are on the mend--for them and you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Helen, see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. MMMMMMM.....chicken fajitas. Happy Birhtday to the fajita lover.

    ReplyDelete
  15. MMMMMMM.....chicken fajitas. Happy Birhtday to the fajita lover.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you HAVE to enjoy your birthday when you are young enough to have a mum who goes with your requests xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So was the leftover birthday cake a hit?

    I havent had fajitas in forever ...I think I may have to put them on the menu now.

    Happy actual birthday Miss Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  18. are you sure you are not a native Californian...that is such a So Cal dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a girl! I've been trying to stretch my 40th celebrations out for a whole year! Sounds like she's enjoyed herself! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love fajitas! Hope she was happy with leftover birthday cake. I'd be milking it for all it was worth too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mmmmmm fajitas is one of my favourite meals too :-) Girl has good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my type of birthday dinner, along with some Tequila though for the adults :) All my family love Fajitas, even the 4 year old, it's a friday night special. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.