Sunday 29 January 2012

Coherent Speach Not Possible

I am tired. So, so tired. But I guess you could count the birthday weekend a success so far - other than the overtired sisters repeatedly falling out today, but there was no avoiding that happening. I am just trying to avoid them - full stop.

The film, A Monster in Paris, was actually very good. Pizza Express was great and the girls loved being allowed to sit at a table on their own. And they all behaved so well it was incredible. I think trusting them to be on their own and behave brought out the best in them. I would show you a photo or two, but I didn't remember my camera. I put it on my desk to take with me but failed.

The birthday cake was a hit -


- and not as vile as I thought it might be.

The girls all loved watching Home Alone which I had picked up for £3 at Tesco. Sometimes the mother does know what she is talking about!

There were copious amounts of pancakes for breakfast.



Helen loved her acrylic paints and all the accompanying accessories, and got stuck in to copying Van Gogh right away.



I'll leave you with a picture of the necklace Emily chose to give Helen. For all their bickering I think it says a lot about how they really feel (well at least from Emily's point of view but I am pretty sure that it is a two way thing).

Hope you can read it.

Susan

14 comments:

  1. Glad it was a success, and just think of that wee heart when they're nearly strangling each other later ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad they enjoyed themselves. Girl, you better lay down for a npa. It is a well deserved one for sure. Enjoy a quiet day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good day, as well as them! Hope you managed to save time for a glas of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might actually miss those days of too much sugar and not enough sleep. My boys are mostly grown now and dont seem to see them as often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That heart is so cute! I could really do with a piece of that cake now with my coffee . . . .(spot the girl on a diet!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Glad the weekend was a success! Mine have been bickering all day today too! I'm ready to bang their heads together! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm enjoying the last hour of peace before mine returns home :) So glad to see you survived! Now go rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tired, but pretty happy too I expect! Looks like a great day/weekend was had!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like a fabulous day! So glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable. Happy birthday Helen! Go get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Put your feet up , have a glass of wine (if you're still awake ) and congratulate yourself. You survived!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great bairns and a great mum (and dad!) - hope you've recovered from the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.