Wednesday 13 March 2013

Miscellany of a Day

My world became a happier place today because I am once again in the world of the smart phone. Dropping my iPhone was not a good move, and I have only been saved from the world of stupid phones by the generosity of this lady who has given me the use of her old phone. Thank you! I am back to texting, phoning, email replying whilst out, and Instagram fun again. Happy me.

Whilst out getting a memory card for this phone, I also got cushion inserts for several cushions so even less of the world's ugliest sofa is visible now. Happier me.

Then I finished basting my charm pack of Walk in the Woods into half hexies. I lay them out in my planned scheme and quickly discovered it wouldn't work as there wasn't enough colour contrast to make it look good. (I forgot to take a photo so you will have to trust me here.) I played about for ages until I landed on this idea.


I know, a little odd and I have no purpose for it as of yet but I already started sewing the pieces together so it is too late to stop me.


Meanwhile, Helen has some layer cake squares to play with and she has jumped right in to making a Siblings quilt, bless her. Though I probably get bad mum points for letting her use the rotary cutter with a strapped up hand.

Not a serious injury, just an irritating taking forever to heal one.

And Emily has got hold of two more layer cake squares and had me applique a heart onto one. Now she is stippling them and shall be turning them into a mini cushion I am told.

I love that look of concentration.
And that's (mostly) what's been going on round here.

Susan

32 comments:

  1. Yay for kind and generous friends and loving what you're doing with the epp. Great concentration on the girls faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics of the girls! And your EPP is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't possibly get bad mummy points for encouraging the girls to be creative. You get brownie points :-)
    Loving the EPP :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those EPP's are exactly what I was talking about last night, just genius! Love the pics of the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that u are able to communicate on the go again!! I love how your girls are so keen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear that u are able to communicate on the go again!! I love how your girls are so keen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. how lovely of helen to want to make a siblings quilt :-) good to see the girls sewing in general really! and you too obviously... lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to live at your house and play with fabric too. What a great way to spend the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a hive of activity at your house and much prettiness being produced!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see the results of all this sewing-related concentration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's all go at chez standen today, good for the girls, being creative and having fun! Love the Hexy design, and who needs a purpose when we start these projects, that's half the fun isn't it? And what a fabulous friend, how lucky are you!! ;o).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness, a right old hive of activity xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love seeing all the busy-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Och, just make it a star cushion and call it good :oD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun! Clearly the girls have inherited your talent. I'm loving the EPP, it looks like a wonky star shape to me

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your fancy paperpiecing pattern. It's so pretty!! I have no idea whatnot could become at the end, I have no suggestions, I just really, really like it.
    I love that your girls are quilting! They both look so focused and happy. It's wonderful.
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So nice to see the girls getting involved in sewing - and i really love your EPP project!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great work girls! And I love the hexies so far :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How awesome to be able to share with your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your daughters certainly have teh creativity gene ...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aren't they precious (the girls I mean).
    As for the "star"...I dont know what it could become but you are sure to think of something cluey and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Funny how our electronic devices are so essential (I hate being without Internet connection). You mad woman, you have made those hexies even smaller but definite brownie points for encouraging the next generation of sewistas! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness, John is not only a quilting widow but now he's lost the girls too! Perhaps he'll have to join in ;) Lovely to see you all being creative and glad you are back in the land of technology

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay for generous friends who lend a helping iPhone. I don't think that layout is at all odd, more like genius.
    It's so lovely to see the girls enjoying sewing, unless they use up all your stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great to see the sewing skills being passed on.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So great to see the girls having fun with sewing

    ReplyDelete
  27. Walk in the Woods is my Favourite! Not to mention EPP, and that's a big one! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. How lovely that your daughters are getting the sewing bug. I hope my daughter does too in a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Bravo to Em, Helen and Mom...all thee great projects. And that friend with the extra phone...I'd keep her close at hand. She is a life saver. (Yeah, Ange).

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely projects for all three of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.