Sunday 3 March 2013

Bee-ing Happy

If the amount of laughter marks the level of success in a day, then yesterday was just about the best day I have had in ages. Good food, good friends, good conversations, and great guffaws of laughter. For about eleven hours straight. Can't beat it.

It all started with Terri holding an impromptu cooking lesson. All that was missing were cameras and an overhead large screen so we could get clear shots of what was happening in the pans on the cooker. That being said, she produced the most fabulous lunch for us all. Truly yummy. Keeping in mind this wasn't her house, though I don't think Ceri minded her taking over catering duties one little bit.


The laughter and banter didn't stop all day. This is not a group shy about taking the piss of each other. In the nicest possible way.


There was show and tell time. Beautiful, beautiful quilt show and tell time.


And a little bit of sewing in amongst the laughter. This is Jo who was producing 3/4" hexies at the speed of light.


Speaking of hexies, Hadley made us all the sweetest little hexie keyring each. Thanks Hadley!


Then for the evening Judith, Jo, Terri and I retired to Ceri's wonderful Hidden Cottage holiday let for the night. (Thank you, Ceri!!!) It is the sweetest little cottage in the heart of Hastings Old Town. We sat and chatted on into the evening, waiting and waiting for our Indian takeaway to be delivered. The wait doesn't seem quite so long if you have good company to share it with.


I couldn't be luckier than to have the quilting friends that I do. Being able to spend the day with some of them was just the best. Thank you Hadley, Judith, Terri, Jo, Ceri, Trudi Liz and Di . I am lucky to be able to call you all friends.

Susan

34 comments:

  1. I am so glad you all had such a nice time. The quilts are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a brilliant day!! I am exhausted from laughing xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah quilty girlfriends, no more needs to be said!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a brilliant day filled with laughter, good friends and scrummy food. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like loads of fun, glad you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It certainly was a most fantastic day.
    I loved meeting you all and laughing such a lot.
    Certainly a day I will treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw so glad you had loads of fun and laughs. You deserve them sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It certainly was a most fantastic day.
    I loved meeting you all and laughing such a lot.
    Certainly a day I will treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Missed you all, but glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a truly special day! And a real pleasure x. My sides still hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had the best time! Now I need to put names to faces!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you got a photo of Hadley with Jude! Sounds like a great day and topped off by an evening with friends and an Indian takeway = bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely day! I am sure you had lots of fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant friends and times! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marvellous! Such happy looking snaps....and inspirational quilts. A few hours away from the demands of family, must have been heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you all had a fabulous time

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a blissfully perfect day to me. Friends, food, and quilts. I sure there was some wine involved too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww looks and sounds like you all had an amazing time!I spent my day at work thinking about you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Missed you all terribly, but it looks like you had a fabulous time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fantastic weekend you've had x

    ReplyDelete
  21. looks like you girls all had such a great time!! lovely and just the tonic I bet! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like you all had a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like a wonderful day filled with laughter, great times and good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Don't forget to make that pudding for the girls! It's my legacy to you all. It's so quiet down here in the South without you all :). We all have the best days ever x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aw this is such a brilliant post! I'm missing you all already! Laughter really is good for body and soul! Put some of these into our flickr group! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lovely write up of SUCH A COOL DAY! Thank you so much for coming all that way, and come back again anytime :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm so jealous of this day you had! I want that so badly...sigh...eventually I hope. Right now we are just starting a MQG branch here and there has already been drama. Fingers crossed we get to this point eventually!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.