Friday 1 March 2013

Lucky Me!

Yesterday I received a fabulous gift that I won recently. A beautiful bag made by Ali - Very Berry Handmade - and it is even better in person than in photos. I've been following Ali's blog for about as long as I have been reading blogs. Not only does she make gorgeous things but she is a veritable font of knowledge about buying fabric and notions in the UK. And if you have a Liberty Fabric fetish then Ali is the person to go to on Folksy to get yourself a nice selection to increase your stash.

The bag Ali made is why I don't make bags. Because it is perfect and I doubt I could ever reach that level. Now I don't have to even try, because I own this one. Lucky me indeed!


If you are interested in knowing more about the gorgeous Gudrun fabrics Ali used then please go here and read her original post about the bag. Her photos are way better than mine too. 

The bag has a magnetic closure on the flap, an inset zippy pocket inside, and a lovely deep pocket right across the outside. Ali also sent me that lovely notepad that you get a sneaky peek of in the outside pocket.



A huge thank you to Ali for being so generous as to give away such a beautiful make. I will love it, and beat off all people who try to take it. Just saying, because I am off to the seaside tomorrow to meet up with my Brit Bee friends. 

Susan

24 comments:

  1. You lucky thing, that is a one gorgeous bag. It shouldn't put you off trying to make bags though, if you can quilt you can definitely make nice bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that you had won that and got all excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful! Have a nice time at the seaside and remember my family motto: It's never too cold for an ice-cream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bag is gorgeous! I love bags with lots of pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bag - keep those mucky bees' paws off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bag. Watch it doesn't get swiped this weekend! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on winning that beautiful bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great bag! Is that her own design? Or do you know if there's a pattern for it. I love the zippered pocket inside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks fabulous, lucky indeed, enjoy your trip to the seaside tomorrow! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy you won it Susan although I am ever so slightly JEALOUS!! Having received a lovely make from Ali (courtesy of your goodself) I know she is a fab maker. You better stick it up your jumper when you meet the Brit Beeers otherwise you will be fighting them off. Have a great weekend BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll tell you to pop your bags in the back, then drive off before you get in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You keep that beauty tucked under your arm wherever you go...those so-called friends sound devious! Enjoy the beach, I'm off to my little corner of sand today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saw that you had won this, well done and lucky you: its fantastic. Hope you have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great bag...watch out on that sand...it gets everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky you! I love Ali's blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a great bag! Have fun with the quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. That bag is delish. Clever Ali.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous bag, lucky you! And have a great day tomorrow, it sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fantastic bag, so happy you won it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great win Susan but don't leave it at home or Helen/Emily will hide it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That bag really is gorgeous. I love the colours and design. You're one lucky duck to own it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.