Tuesday 25 October 2011

Catching Up on My Bee Blocks

I've been so busy with organising swaps, being involved in swaps, getting myself involved with a Christmas Fair and other nonsense, that I have failed to give you a glimpse of all 24 of my bee blocks together. I think they are gloriously wonderful, but they may not be to everyone's taste because I went all out in throwing an eclectic and bright assortment of fabrics together.


There is no rhyme nor reason to the layout of the blocks here. I just placed them upon my kitchen floor - prayed they would survive the trauma - and took a look at all of them together for the first time.

So while I continue to enjoy the delights of London could you proffer any opinions. Sashing or no sashing? If so, what on earth colour would you put between all of these? Sashing with cornerstones to balance it? How am I going to get these to go together? I was just so thrilled with the individual blocks that I never gave the next step another thought. Now I am flummoxed.



But I still love them, each and every individual block. A huge thank you to all my lovely bee buddies for letting me be a part of this wonderful group.

Susan

21 comments:

  1. I really like it as it is! A riot of colour! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and awesome - I love it as is Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Sashing, it's perfectly riotous as it is! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gloriously wonderful is right! No sashing needed. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you need any sashing, it looks fabulous as it is

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you know I like colliding colours and I think your random layout is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been waiting to see this!!! No sashing, it looks brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blocks are fabulous! My only query would be to the 6 by 4 arrangement. Would it look more balanced if it was 5 by 5? What ever you decide, it is a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. DOn't sash it an break it up - keep it as it is - it's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope, I don't think it needs any sashing either

    ReplyDelete
  11. no sashing for me either great as is !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the colour and them all together. Just like everyone else lol! But, if you did want to sash it, I would go with a dark colour like Kona Charcoal which I think would be great with them, but I wouldn't do cornerstones I don't think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My first thought was no sashing, although it would be interesting to check Sarah's suggestion about Kona Charcoal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's awesome! totally zingy. I think keep it as it is for this more crazy look, or add narrow white sashing for a more orderly refined look - it depends what you want! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it is great just the way it is. What makes you think it needs anything?

    ReplyDelete
  16. needs nothing IMO. Looks fab all bright and... oh zingy (good word ceri)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.