It seems, that in my lack of sewing time this summer, I found solace in buying fabric. I didn't quite realise how much. The more I pulled fabric off all surfaces of my sewing space the more I seemed to find. Embarrassingly so.
The photo on the left is what the sewing space looked like this morning. I am not going to show an after shot because I have not yet reached an acceptable level of tidiness. The photo on the right is mid sort out. I was folding by colour prior to putting in the appropriate boxes. What you see there is only some of what I found.
Putting it into the boxes was the hardest part. Physically difficult because it just did not want to fit into most of the designated boxes.
The solids are voluntarily erupting from their box and I have stored some elsewhere. The reds and blues are so tightly packed that taking any out now might constitute a hazardous activity. Even the colours that I always felt I lacked I now seem to have copious amounts of.
There is nothing for it but that I get sewing as soon as possible. The only remedy for this situation is to use my fabric, because that is the more affordable option to building an annex onto our house so I have more room for storage.
Meanwhile, I've made headway on my lists. I caught up on my invoices. Did all the ironing. Got most of this fabric situation under control. The usual domestic activities occurred as well, and the school run routine has begun.
But I forgot to take a first day of school photo this morning so made them do selfies in the car. Sad but true.