Tuesday 2 September 2014

There Is A Bed In My Kitchen

I kid you not. The girls and I got home last night and I found a bed in my kitchen. It's Helen's new bed, still under construction. Apparently the work shop floor (aka the garage) is not flat enough so it needed to be in the kitchen to ensure it was level prior to all the bits being permanently fixed together. The fact remains that I have a bed in my kitchen. I cooked dinner last night squeezing around it. My kitchen is not that big. There is also dive gear in my hallway and a wet suit over the bannister but we won't go into that.

So, we are back from the last of our summer holidays and life needs sorting out. I'll talk about the latest holiday briefly tomorrow. I don't think I've ever had a summer where I was so busy or away so much. This is not a complaint, mind you. It's been brilliant.

But that does not negate that there is now a backlog of things to do...


There is another page actually. With nine items on it, seven of which are quilts. I may be overly optimistic. No sewing will get done until I get some of the items on the list on the left done though. In particular I have to find a home for fabric acquired over the last little while. It's currently hiding my sewing extension table.


I need to get cracking and get things sorted because I am really missing sewing. Here is the sum total of what I have accomplished all summer.


My head is overflowing with ideas. The girls go back to school in two days time. Then I tackle the house, the lists and hopefully get himself to remove the bed from my kitchen. It's about five foot high. It's really in the way!
It will eventually be a captain's bed.
In Helen's room, not the kitchen.
I hope!
Susan

23 comments:

  1. can you be sure Helen's not moving into the kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once he gets it all together is he sure he can get it up the stairs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Helen moving into the kitchen because her room is full of quilts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surely it will need to be dismantled to move it into Helen's room?? It makes very little sense to have it going up in the kitchen! Men!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! You think your kitchen is not big? You couldn't even FIT a bed in my kitchen! I'd like to see how he's going to move it from there to Helen's room too, hehe!!
    R x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want photos of the bed getting up the stairs, actually just getting it out of the kitchen door will be a laugh ;)
    Good luck finding some sewing time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bed looks awesome! The kitchen seems an odd choice :/ I have lots of lists too and this summer has felt quite overwhelming and I didn't even go anywhere! Glad you've had a nice summer and looking forward to seeing all your projects when you crack on with the sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the bed is amazing! I hope you find some sewing time soon xx

    P.S. Lovely to see you all yesterday - Archie is enjoying chomping through those gorgeous biscuits!
    P.P.S. Your title has me singing it to the tune of 'There's a hole in my bucket...'

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks amazing - very well built, but how on earth is it going to get up the stairs?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I'm so jealous! I've always wanted a kitchen with a bed - then I could have a snooze between cooking meals. Perfect I think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im of the opinion that the kitchen is a perfectly acceptable place to find a bed. Cooking is tiring you know!

    Thats quite a list you need to get through Mrs. And Im also pretty sure its going to take a while to put away that fabric ( That mountain is probably visible from space ...just sayin’)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well at least you can take a nap between courses ;o) That wouldn't even get in my kitched

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowsers! You have really cracked on with the crochet blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just get Helen to move into the kitchen and then cook all the meals too! Then you can have her bedroom as a sewing room and be a kept woman!! Wishful thinking? Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't get it so assembled that you can't get it to her room!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love lists, the y make me feel happy and organised. I hope the bed can be moved easilty to her bedroom, maybe it needs making in situ. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know what you mean, we've been away for over half of the holidays. Fun but busy and I'm ready for some routine now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. there was an article in the Sunday Times about "rabbit hutch " flats. It's all the rage

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice to have a resting place in the kitchen! who needs to cook *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  20. for a minute I thought it was there permanently :-/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like you have had a fantastic summer. Love your lists - I'm a list maker too. The best part is when you get to cross something off (a la Squire Donnahure in The Quiet Man). I'm sure it will all sort itself out...in the mean time how does himself feel about take out?

    ReplyDelete
  22. You can't even lie down on it - but you could hide in it I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A bed in the kitchen. I hope it's gone by now and you have crossed several things off those lists.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.