Tuesday 9 September 2014

Crossed Off The List

Well, with much grumping and stupidity, I got my foundation paper piecing project finished and posted so I no longer have to think about it.


As I have crossed that item off the list I felt that meant I could crack on with another item there. I have joined the first swap I have done in ages and ages. Mostly because just about everyone I knew was joining up and I eventually cracked. The time line is a nice long three months so I should be able to do this without panicking, and it is on Instagram not Flickr which was the bit that tipped me over to join. I rarely, if ever, go on Flickr any more because when they changed it I fell seriously out of love with it.

If you are on IG the swap has a hashtag of #igminiswap and we are divided into subgroups of which I am in #ashleybsteam. If you aren't on IG, no worries, I will be posting what I am making here regularly. This is what I came up with as an idea for my partner.


I'm thinking a rainbow of lozenges in an epp project, with monochrome black and white squares between them. If this doesn't float my partner's boat that's okay as I have another recipient this would be perfect for. I can go ahead and cut with impunity because either way I will be crossing another item off my list with this - eventually.

Meanwhile, we are celebrating fourteen years of marriage in this household with a posh dinner entirely not made by me. Coquilles St Jacques with salad followed by a Tarte au Citron. I'll be off to pop the main in the oven then. And to sip a glass of wine with himself. It's been a heck of an interesting fourteen years and it's all good here. Hope the next fourteen are equally interesting - though in a different way. Life is always changing. No need for repeats.

Susan

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations ! Enjoy your evening

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing the foundation piecing and your wedding anniversary! There could be similarities drawn between accurate stitching and solid marriages, but I wouldn't like to mention comparisons when I don't know you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you both on 14 years of wedded bliss. Thats something to celebrate.

    I like where I think you;re heading with that rainbow of colour. Im just starting to PP some hexies myself !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabrics for the swap and happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't get on with foundation paper piecing either, it just doesn't like me!! Love, love, love the swap colours, rainbow and monochrome sleek and jazzy in one. Fourteen years eh, coolio xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your swap item sounds wonderful to me, we wouldn't love EPP in texts and gorgeous fabrics. Happy anniversary. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy anniversary! have fun celebrating :)
    i am hugely excited that this swap uses IG as it's foundation. i too am seriously done with flickr.
    your fabric pull makes me so so so happy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary.... I'm off Flickr too, for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy anniversary.
    I really have to get on instagram, the world is leaving me behind

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! I must check out instagram one of these day....probably lots of interesting things going on there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 14th Susan and himself. We're fourteen too. Hope you had a lovely evening. I missed this swap so shall cheer from the sidelines!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary both! Luck swap partner...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.