Wednesday 10 September 2014

Making Deals With Myself

Do you make bargains with yourself? I do. Today I bargained that I could have the morning for sewing if I gave over the afternoon to hard graft. Stuff I didn't want to do but couldn't ignore any more. Seemed like a fair deal (ish).

Therefore after the school run and breakfast I sat down and got on with my latest project.

I have to say,
those little black and white squares just make my day.

Round one of basting complete I commenced sewing them together.


I like hand sewing. I have reached a stage in my ability that I no longer drill a hole in my finger pushing the needle through, and I don't wear a thimble because it's like I have five thumbs when I wear one. It's a happy place to be, just me and my epp in the house alone.

On top of feeling pleased with getting so far with this project already, I am feeling all self satisfied because I scrubbed the cooker, inside and out, and I cut the grass - for the next door neighbours too because they always do stuff for us. Now dinner is made, and I think I've earned some more sewing time this evening. Life is good.

Susan

18 comments:

  1. scrubbed the cooker? do you not just buy a new one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. I do the bargain stuff too, today I cleaned the bathrooms and ironed in the morning so I could do some afternoon sewing. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The epp is beautiful! Well done for the cleaning and kind neighbourly act! You would recoil in horror at the state of my oven!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the EPP! And yes I'm always making deals with myself, known as a sh@t sandwich round here!!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so many chores I can no longer neglect I too will be making deals like this about getting to sew. LOVE you're epp so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do deals with myself like that all the time so you arent the only one.

    Your EPP looks amazing as always. You got so far in such a short time. Girl, you have mad skills.

    Cannot believe you cleaned the cooker...Mr. P and I wait until thats bellowing smoke out the door and then argue about who is going to get the unlucky job of cleaning out 12 months of crud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you come and cut my grass too, pretty please!! Your epp looks so lovely! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your project looks beautiful! And good work on the chores too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susan! Fantastic Project! I love your Fabrics and the pattern! What a cute little squares! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a good girl doing those chores!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving those centre squares, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is looking really special and its done by hand, do you have a pattern you can share for this cute as a button quilt in the making? Great selection of colors!
    carlithequilte@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute. Love the rainbow,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous EPP! I can't decide which I like more - the monochrome squares or the beautifully bright diamonds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.