Sunday 3 April 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Well, I guess I had better start with an apology for anyone who lives in a different country and isn't celebrating Mother's Day today. If I inadvertently gave you heart failure because you (a) suddenly thought you forgot it, or (b) even worse, thought your children forgot it - I am very sorry. Here in the UK, and I am not sure what other countries, it is Mother's Day today. I know for a fact that it isn't celebrated today in Canada because there were a number of earlier years where I managed to be in each country when it occurred and my mother lucked out in double cards those years.

I am lucky on both sides of the coin today as I have a wonderful mother (who wasn't home when I tried calling her but let it be on the record that I did) and my two darling daughters. I am not one of those people who likes to go out on Mother's Day. It is not my thing in any way, shape or form. I only ask for some basic things on Mother's Day.

Firstly - homemade cards. Does it for me every time. I prefer them to all the Hallmark cards in the world -


My second request is purely self indulgent and only happens on Mother's Day or my birthday in this house and I instigate it. But, that being said, John pulls out all the stops and produces once he knows he is under the gun. And that is breakfast in bed.

Smoked Salmon Egss Benedict with hashbrown potatoes. Life is good!
That's it. I do not want to go to a restaurant. I don't need chocolates or flowers. If I get them nice but I am not going to sulk if I don't. The fact that I got these...


... was just the icing on the cake.

Oh no, I tell a lie. The bears were not the icing on the cake. Because this is - literally.


Yes, that is blue icing. Yes, they are sitting on the kitchen counter, were still in their pyjamas and probably licked their fingers numerous times. Isn't it great?!


To everyone out there who is a mother - have a very Happy Mother's Day - whether you are officially celebrating in your country or not.

Susan

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos Susan - the cards are gorgeous and I`m envious of your breakfast. Looks like you are being quite rightly spoiled. Happy Mother`s Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.