Monday 28 April 2014

The Quilt & Stitch Village

*warning - photo heavy post.

So yesterday I met up with some of my friends to go to the Quilt & Stitch Village and see our quilts hung amongst many others. That's the reason we said we were going, but really it was one big excuse to hang out and talk each other's ears off. Always good to hang out with my quilting pals.


That would be Reene with her brilliant improv, and Kerry with her glorious (Canadian?) moose.


Then there was my hexies which those clever quilt organisers hung right next to Reene's second quilt. And Tracey's fabulous arrows.

I didn't really take photos of the other quilts much. Whilst it is very much a traditional quilters show that does not negate the incredible talent it takes to make some of the quilts that were on show. Some of these ladies have skills I can only dream about.

Needless to say there might have been a little bit of fabric purchasing while we were there too.


Let me break it down for you.


From Natalie and Tracey at Pin It and Stitch I topped up on my Wee Wander collection (including the very last bit of panel they had) and a small selection of FQs that just jumped out the display into my willing hand. If you are going to the Malvern Quilt Show then these two lovely ladies will be there and you really should stop by and say hello as they are great to chat with.


From the irrepressible Justine at Simply Solids some brights, plus one little sale LV that needed a home. Don't you just love Justine's 'just pay the freaking bill' face?!


I topped off my perle collection at another stall, and then there were the bargains of the show with Out to Sea purchases. £4 a metre! There was only one smaller piece of the blue ships left so needless to say I snaffled that before anyone else could. I am so happy to be able to hide these away in my stash waiting for just the right project.

There was also a special wee present from Yvonne, Reene's mum, who also can be found here. She shared some very precious fabric with me and I thank her very much indeed.


If that wasn't enough, the postman rang my doorbell this morning (numerous times of course), and my zip collection grew - a lot.


I've now got 25 22" zips for the cushions I make. I need a break from envelope enclosures. Since I was getting some sent over anyway I added in lots of rainbow 12" zips, including some with metal teeth instead of plastic, because I don't break enough sewing machine needles as it is. What was I thinking?!

I will leave you with the best photo of the day.


The beautifully well behaved (she slept almost the whole time) Alex, Ange's six week old daughter. She was happy as anything scrunched up in her sling, slowly absorbing quilting knowledge by osmosis though she doesn't know it yet. Ha!

Susan

25 comments:

  1. It was such a fun day! I can't move today but hey it's worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you all had such a great time! Nice fabric swag too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Lordy...give that baby a smooch. I can't resist a baby photo. Yum Yum. Kiss Kiss.

    Cant remember if your post had an quilty stuff on it this time... sorry....oh yes... you went to a quilt show...nice hexies! OK.... BEE-utiful hexies... clever you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! I hadn't heard what Angie had had!! Lovely to see all that talent on display! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many cushions are you planning to make! Glad you had fun yesterday. Congrats on your quilt in the show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun to see eachothers quilts on display! Love the goodies you came back with. I really like the look of zips with metal teeth but it means very careful sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really scored. I love all the quilts you and your friends made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WoW! What a great day... kind of jealous I'm so far away :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! The quilts and fabric are gorgeous but Alex steals the show!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great day - I cannot wait to hear your 'judges' feedback!
    Nice additions to the stash too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jealous? Me? Never! Wish I didn't live so far from everything :-( quilts, quilters and quilters babies sigh....

    I suppose that hexie thingy up there didn't look too bad, I suppose......

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful acing your quilt on display! And well done on all your Sarah Jane fabric purchases! Sounds like a wonderful day. Love those zips too and of course the pearle cotton :-))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sad I couldn't make it yesterday, but glad you could share anyway :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like a wonderful day and your hexies look right at home!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had an amazing time, there. Well done! and so restrained, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was fun wasn't it! And i'm disappointed my boob didn't get a mention sneaking into the baby photo!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad you got to see your quilt and the others hanging in the show! And the baby, well she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

  18. What a lovely post...especially the last picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great day out I'd say and how restrained were you!?

    ReplyDelete
  21. great to see your quilts all hanging in the photos. loved the zips! I got some wee wander too, am enjoying looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, Susan. What a post this is! Your quilts look just amazing - I can't get enough of these photos!
    Mmmm....your fabric goodies make my heart flutter.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Did you lot leave anything else for other people to buy?

    Im almost tempted to run out and buy a pile of zips (not that they will ever get used) so I can have a rainbow of colour at my house. They look so stinking cute!

    Miss Alex is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  24. you did all that fabric buying pretty secretly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.