Sunday 6 April 2014

A Little Bit of Sewing and A Whole Lot of Fun

I've managed to tick a few more boxes here in the sewing department. I made my Stitch Tease bee blocks for Annabella for April. (I know, ahead of the game for me!) And another secret bee block for someone else.


Then this weekend turned to fun times. I went back to London (again - it's becoming a habit, one I like) with the girls. And a friend of theirs.

Obviously I had to take them to Primark. We were there for almost two hours. I did my best to not lose the plot, and we had the usual reward for surviving that chaos afterwards when we went to our favourite place in Chinatown.


We wandered over to Trafalgar Square after because there is always something going on. There was the obligatory street performer, and the blue cock rooster. Not sure if those stripy trousers or the jokes about the blue c--- flying about IG this afternoon were ruder.


There was a general appreciation for just being in London and enjoying life really.


As we walked back up through Leicester Square on our way to the Piccadilly underground station we happened upon the fountain, no longer engulfed in scaffolding. This provided more excellent fun.


Emily's theory that she knew which way the water was spurting proved to be totally unfounded much to our entertainment.

And the final chuckle of the day was provided by Em on the train home when she got out her fake nails that she purchased in Primark. And promptly glued her finger and thumb together.


Nothing that can't be fixed with nail polish remover but she had to wait an hour until we were home. Oooops!

Susan

29 comments:

  1. You really only had child #2 for the entertainment value, didn't you? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of that is making me smile - did you sit on the grumpy husband/dad seats in Primark?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great day. I love London.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I went to Londinium 3 times last week, not anywhere near as enjoyable as your jaunt. Maybe I need to take a teenager?? Hells belles!! What am I saying??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, pesky nail glue! Looks like a fun day though! Gorgeous blocks and love your fabric pull!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need to go to London with you for shear entertainment value. Although I don't think I could do 2 hours in Primark!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God bless the 2nd child - always good entertainment value!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic weekend! I'm so envious you got to go to London, I can't wait to visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a lot of fun, and the man in tights/trousers is just sooooooo wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha ha ha ha!! What an awesome day! Em really is a treasure.
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm slightly jealous looking at the pics of your fabulous day trip...my weekend wasnt anywhere near that much fun!

    Thankyou to Emily for providing me with a Monday morning chuckle...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! See when we hit the big Primark in Glasgow it's ME spending the 2 hours looking and my Chook that's bored and wanting lunch. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving those maple leaves! You always manage to have a tonne of fun in London! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Stingies are doing maple leaves this month too! Looks like you all had great fun but 2 hours in Primark - really??

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm giggling at a lot of things, but the blue cock most of all ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I've done the finger stick panic thing before (those nails are worth it though, v pretty) butI was dangerous to prise them apart with my teeth. Don't do this though as if the cyanide in the cyanoacrylate gets into your skin it blisters your lips like crazy. Yep I'm stupid and I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm just drooling over your Chinese!! I love my blocks but then you know that. Yours are in the UK and should be with you very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous blocks! (I've just made a maple leaf block this afternoon!) I don't think I've ever been in a Primark...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the blocks and looks like such a fab w/e! Poor Emily - I'm sure she'll get her revenge on you one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. and as the little ones grow up you progress from 2 hours in primark to 2 3/4 hours in top shop.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I feel your Primark pain. And you are a way better mum than me spending 2 hours in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like you guys are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The final photo and description really made me giggle

    ReplyDelete
  24. What great fun! Did she ever get the nails on?

    ReplyDelete
  25. We are planning a evening meal in London with our kids. Please can you give me the name of the place you have mentioned. Googling gives us too many options. Thanks kate

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hahaha that's so funny! Emily is such entertainment for everyone, and us readers too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Getting a case of dejavu - think my comments don't register from the ipad - pah!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.