Thursday 10 April 2014

In For A Penny; In For A Pound?

Last quarter in the Finish-a-Along I played it safe. I know that, and it worked for me giving me an 80% success rate which is unheard of up to now. This quarter I decided to make a total fool of myself. Here goes.

1. Hexie quilt (my one sure fire finish so that I don't succumb to total humiliation). One hanging sleeve to attach and that silly paper label that the quilt shows want you to sew on the back.


2. DS epp. Been around for just about forever. Failed to make anything with these every time I put them on a FAL list.


3. More epp, started at the Retreat last summer. I just needs making into a cushion or something. Not exactly a big job, but one I keep putting off.


4. Finish hand quilting my Walk In The Woods baby quilt.


5. Turn these beautiful churn dash blocks my bee mates made for me into a quilt.


6. Turn these amazing star blocks my bee buddies made for me into a quilt.


7. Finish hand quilting this quilt, also from my wonderful world of bee friends.


8. Turn something I have never blogged about before into a beautiful quilt. More on this soon, but it involves my last birthday, my amazing eldest daughter and her conniving with my Brit bee pals. It was a total surprise so Helen is going to finish this block she started all on her own and I am going to contribute to the quilt and we will combine that with the blocks she collected and have a memory to share forever.


9. Let's not forget the Christmas quilt.


10. Then there is the newest bee quilt.


11. There is a little project I started using my DS fabrics. Only just started but a start is a start.


12. And I have also been playing with some flying geese.


13. Then there is Sunrise Sunset.


14. And the latest QAYG.


15. Almost forgot this.


I am sure I could find more, but I'm not going to try. Instead I am going to be the one in the corner rocking too and fro and whimpering. I shall link this up with Katy at the FAL Q2 linky party. It would make this whole process rather redundant otherwise.

Finish Along 2014


I'll be away for five days now. Larking about with the girls and friends on the Isle of Wight. Leaving poor himself to fend for himself. The food is all packed, as is the wine, and some clean socks and undies too of course! Hope everyone else who is indulging in school holidays is having a good time too. I shall be on IG if you are looking for me - @canadianabroad

Susan

36 comments:

  1. HOLY MOLY! I didn't know blogger let you publish posts that long ;) Listen, no matter what one/two/five you finish it's going to be an absolute beaut.

    What's funny is that as I kept paging down, with each new photo I'd think "that's my favorite" "oh no, THAT'S my favorite". Amazing list you have, there. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^ What she said :-). Seriously, I think you only put all this on the list so that no matter what you feel like working on you'll qualify for the FAL. Have a fantabulous holiday!
      E xx

      Delete
  2. You are going over the moon! So enjoy your 5 days of, Easter with lots of chocolate as you will need the energy to get all these lovelies done! Wonderful list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was being over optimistic with 10! I hope you are taking some of this on holiday with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've finally lost the plot! That is one hell of a list! Have a fab holiday and get plenty of rest, you're going to need it for all those finishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that’s quite an impressive list! Good luck and enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some amazing projects just ready to have the magic touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your break!

    Good luck with Q2!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im whimpering just reading that list!! Fab projects mrs. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Cow, you really filled up your list! I love all your projects though, especially the Sunrise Sunset, the latest QAYG and that sweet Christmas quilt! I better get cracking if I'm going to add my list to FAL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your long long list, I feel so much better about mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, well if you finish this lot you deserve to win all the prizes!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great time :)
    The hexie quilt looks wonderful, I really like your quilting choice.
    That is one impressive list...good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of lovely to sewing to enjoy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many beautiful projects to finis, I hope you can make a good bit of progress with them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do know that it's only three months long, don't you?!! Or do you have access to a time-turner? Good luck - can't wait to see which one you tackle after the hexies' hanging sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy moly! Now I don't feel so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You made me chuckle! I kept thinking " Yep, Sysan can do this and this and this oh and this too" but at some point I reckon even Wonder Woman might need to shower or sleep or something this quarter! You have loads of gorgeous projects there and I have faith that you will get through a load of them now that you

    ReplyDelete
  18. ... Aren't basting hexies for Britain!

    ReplyDelete
  19. gosh with all those projected finishes have you time to go away? Must be the season for weekend without hubbies. Daughter and I are off to Edinburgh, leaving him to play music as loud as he likes and watch as much sport as he wants!

    ReplyDelete
  20. madness pure madness! have fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck with that!!
    Have fun over the water xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, you have do many gorgeous finishes

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely projects to work on. I'm sure I have that many too, I'm just not posting them. Have a great trip with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is my approach to FAL, put a crap load up and then you'll surely end up finishing some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ha, good luck with it all! I do hope you left himself at least 1 bottle of something boozy to keep him company ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'll join you in the corner shall I or shall we both storm through our lists and cut then in half?

    ReplyDelete
  27. should be a piece of cake ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. While they are all beautiful, I say prioritize in this order. 1, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13 as these are the one I really can't wait to see finished. I will also try to finish something to show you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very ambitious. I love the sunrise/sunset. beautiful. good luck. I agree, whatever you finish will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's some list! I will be watching with interest to see what you achieve- lots, I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Whoah, I love all of them, but where do you start? Actually sunrise sunset gets my vote, it is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. That's a crazy long list!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my Lordie lordy... I love looking over your shoulder! 'Tis like being in a candy store...I want everything! Hope that Island Holiday provided a few pina coladas.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Blimey! It's longer than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  35. No doubt you'll get sidetracked and finish stuff you haven't started yet! The gorgeous things you're all of sudden inspired to make. Like that last quilt as a go project on the list. Something beautiful that wasn't even in your head when you wrote your last list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.