Sunday 27 April 2014

Another Reveal

As the latest issue of Love Patchwork & Quilting is out I can reveal what I was doing with the beautiful Oakshott Colourshotts and the lovely array of Aurifil I was using not so long ago.

I made some cushions for the magazine that highlighted how different quilting options could change how a project looked. This issue looks at straight line quilting (on a curve) and matchstick quilting.


I really enjoyed this project. The Colourshotts were a pleasure to work with and the depth of their colours fabulous. And I had such an array of Aurifil to go with them. Really it was playtime dressed up as work. I especially loved doing the matchstick quilting with the 40w variegated thread. I loved how it totally changed how the simple plus design looked and I really, really want to try this quilting out on other projects. Yes, it takes a while but it is totally worth it. And it gives a really cool texture to the project!

I have another Colourshotts project niggling away in my mind wanting to be transferred to reality, but I am trying to stick to all the WIPs for the moment. But soon, very soon, I feel the need to cut into more of these.

Susan

26 comments:

  1. Wonderful.x I am hoping my copy arrives in the post tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh, my postie was obviously feeling lazy yesterday, no mag for me yet! Congrats though, I'll enjoy a closer look with the postie bothers his arse...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Practically perfect in every way! Well done you! Lovely to see you again today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on you! I'm so proud and can't wait for my digital copy to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you! I bet the matchstick quilting (with variegated?) really added something extra to the oakshott which can only really be appreciated in person. Beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look absolutely brilliant! Can't wait to see the mag, and probably the real cushions look even better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're on a roll girl! So glad I knew you before you were famous! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that the article is out, I just got the last version of the magazine. You are doing so well in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mag-nificent! They look fabulous. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopefully mine should arrive today so I can have a good look at this :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. That is a lot of thread. It turned out really great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Susan! I'd love to have a go at that matchstick quilting one day. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Looking forward to getting my copy soon so I can get a closer look :-))

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so proud of you and all your lovely published projects.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea! I always think what if I'd quilted it differently! And my are you becoming very revealing these days...??

    ReplyDelete
  16. well done, looking forward to reading all about it

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am just delighted that your amazing sewing skilz are getting the spotlight in LP&Q. Well done, Miss S!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.