Friday 4 April 2014

Reporting In - FAL Q1

When I wrote my post to what I was going to accomplish this quarter I was quite convinced I would accomplish four out of five. I have managed three out of five, and I'm probably only missing the last one by a day or so. So very, very close, but close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. I know.

Here's the two I failed on.


My hexies will be finished this weekend. I've done the hand quilting now. Just the binding - which is made - and the hanging sleeve to do. This is my near miss in the finishing game. Which means I know I will have a finish in Q2 though!

Second up for the fails was this.


Have not even looked at it. This was my wishful thinking project, put on the list just because. I'll get it done before Christmas. Really, I will.

So what are the three listed projects that I actually managed to write on the list and finish?

There was the quilt for Mexico.


Briar Rose.


And the Man Quilt.


Here's the stuff I forgot to put on the list and therefore cannot claim as finishes.


Then there are the various bee blocks, and some stuff I can't show. All I know is it has been a good three months of sewing. And that makes it a very successful Q1 in my mind.

Linking up with the indomitable Katy, our queen of the Finish-a-Long.

Finish Along 2014

Susan

24 comments:

  1. You are ahead of me. I have not gotten much done this quarter except my Radiant Orchid quilt. I have basted a lot of hexies though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4.8 out of 5 is good going, your other finishes are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you posted that briar rose quilt. I need to make mine. Congrats on all your finished projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finishes. Your gnome pincushion just kills me with its awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are way ahead of me for finishes in March!! Love the quilting on the hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so many lovely things. you really can be proud and your man for his quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you can still hold your head up high xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh what a lovely collection of finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very successful indeed. I failed dismally!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did great with the finishes. I need to do my post and see how I did too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some great finishes! The hexie quilt is looking just fabulous, can't wait to see it finished x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've done well and the hexie quilt is going to be fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some fab finishes, you should be proud of how much you've achieved this quarter! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sigh..... sometimes my to-do list makes me choose exactly something Else to do, and therefore not claim as "done" for the list. Glad to know I'm not the only one. That said, you got tonnes and tons of stuff done, and it all rocks! Great job :) I won't pick favourite, because I love all you make.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous finishes Susan - the man quilt is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant finishes Susan! I only managed 1 out of 4

    ReplyDelete
  17. A brilliant quarter for you! To be clear, there's NO WAY the first two are "fails" in any sense of the word. Yippee for Q2 finishes already!

    ReplyDelete
  18. a good finish, I still love that little gnome, and the hexies more or less count as a finish, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Blogger ate my first comment...not quite sure where it went.

    As far as Im concerned you were a lean mean sewing machine this quarter. Some lovely finishes in your post(including the ones you forgot to put on your list)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think the man quilt is my favourite of all your quilts it is that good!

    ReplyDelete
  21. There's a heck of a lot of work there, even without the ones not on the list! Looking forward to seeing the hexies finished (as I'm sure you are too!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay for finishes and near misses! You did a darn sight better than me x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.