Monday 21 April 2014

About Time

Last year I was a member of The Modern Stitching Bee, which was a terrific group and the only reason I stepped out as a member was that I found three bees was too much for me. Certainly the group of ladies involved was brilliant. So I have no excuse for sitting and doing nothing with the blocks they made for me when my month occurred.

I asked for churn dash blocks in blues and purples. Today I made some more so that I now have 24 blocks and can piece the quilt top. I fully intend for this to be my quilt for Siblings Together this year. I have made one each year (and Helen made one last year too) so I would like the tradition of making for this charity to continue. If you want to learn more then go over and read all about it with Lynne; she says it so much better.


I am one step closer to making this quilt. I've even got wadding and backing in place already so I don't have to take one huge long pause again to actually get it done.

Quilts for Siblings Together

If this quilt disappears from my radar again could someone please shout at me and tell me to just get on with it, thanks.

Susan

18 comments:

  1. Great idea for a great cause :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it will be a beautiful quilt x these groups can be addictive .. and you can find yourself in far too many xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your churn dash blocks. They are one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know now that the whole blogging community will be nagging you about getting it done, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be a lovely ST quilt. I still miss you in the bee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and what a wonderful tradition, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love churn dash blocks...and these are so pretty!

    Im quite happy to provide an arse kicking if you need it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't beat a churn dash! Get it done woman! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love a churn dash quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely blocks, I'm sure you'll get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love churn dash blocks, and I'm sure it will come together quickly :) Won't let you forget!

    ReplyDelete
  12. t'll be a great quilt Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad to know my churn dash blocks will be going to this worthy cause! Now (shouting) 'get on wit it!' ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Get on with it! Ooops, sorry it's only been one day. ;-) Sure to be another lovely quilt from the House of Standen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That'll be a lovely quilt Susan - I'm sure you'll rattle through it quick as anything x

    ReplyDelete
  16. No need for me to shout unless you don't get it quilted!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.