Saturday 22 September 2012

Stopping to Smell the Roses

It was a good day. Not much to report. I'm just enjoying life. My mum left for northern regions today. Not such a happy thing, but I do hugely appreciate the help and support she provided during the week. There were some of the necessary tasks done, but otherwise I have just been appreciating all those small things.

Like my children playing outside all day. In lovely autumn sunshine. The sound of their laughter. The knowledge that this time last week was so different, and so very happy that Emily is absolutely fine.

Taking an afternoon nap. I know! The decadence of it all. Bliss!

And having a friend not laugh too hard when I told her I didn't understand where the remaining epp pattern pieces were for my snowball block, because my brain wasn't working well enough to work out they were just a portion of the main octagon.

Cutting the next bits from Kona Coal and loving the contrast of the coal against the bright oranges and yellows.


It was a peaceful day. I truly appreciate that.

Susan

27 comments:

  1. sounds lovely! I could do with a bit of peace for a change

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have had such a nice day - and I love those fussy cut scissors.
    I got Hex a Go Go in the post this morning and haven't had a chance to peek at it yet, after dinner - is it sad that I look forward to that for my Saturday night?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful day (apart from your mam heading north!) - love your block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds perfect to me, although a shame your mum had to go home. So glad that Emily is now better

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had an afternoon snooze too - bliss. So happy E is back to her old self and that you had such a lovely time with your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup...definitely loving orange/grey combos at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great day and yay for Nan naps ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad to hear Emily is back to herself and that you got a cat nap! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect indeed! Glad all is how it should be, including your blocks, that looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you were able to figure it out in the end ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely things, all of 'em, especially fit and healthy (and outdoors playin not annoying you) children!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think getting through a "sick child episode" just makes you appreciate them more. Every laugh, joke, silly question, all that comes with being Mum. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you have had a good day - the joys of an afternoon nap! I think they should be compulsory.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the block and the recap of a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sigh - sounds so much better than last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a perfect day. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great day for sure but I would have laughed.... Hard! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  18. We all need a little down time! Yesterday I just mooched round, mainly looking for inspiration for Mouthy Stitches! Can't beat a nana nap!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so glad things are back to normal. I need a stress free day and have declared this Monday is di's mental health day. I'm going to take a much needed nap!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I did laugh really - in fact it was going to be the subject of my next post!
    Glad to hear Elimy is feeling better - normal life returns - bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hooray for Mums and down time! Glad to hear that Emily is feeling much better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a nice day for you! The coal looks just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like a perfect day! Glad all is well and Emily is on the mend x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such teeny tiny stitches you clever girl. Love the Kona Coal.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This project looks just fabulous. I can't wait to see what you do with it. And you're right, that Kona Coal works beautifully with those warm oranges :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.