Thursday 20 September 2012

Keeping It Clean

Actually, I meant to say, keeping us clean. Rhonda - Quilting in the Gap - has taken it upon herself to send the girls and I a gorgeous package in the post. Happily it arrived on Tuesday and Emily got to open it at a low point in her day so the package did double duty in cheering things up here. Thank you so much, Rhonda, for the amazing sewing you do and your ability to make us smile.

Rhonda knows how much we love food, and food preparation, in our house so she undertook to make us each an apron. And each was tailored to exactly our tastes.

Emily got dark, rich colours, and a touch of glitter. Perfect.


Helen got the sweetest owls, and a touch of bright colour. I am impressed that Rhonda brought herself to be parted with owl fabric.


I got something more elaborate. First off, a full apron as Rhonda is somehow aware I am messier than the girls, and she knows my upper half has more than a bit that might happen to get in the way. Though I am loath to use something so pretty, and made so well, for fear of getting grease on it.

I took photos of all the pieces of fabric she appliquéd on the apron. Some of them are so perfectly apt, though I do wonder where Rhonda got the idea that I like chocolate!


My particular favourite saying there is the 'Forget Love, I'd rather fall in chocolate.' I don't know about you but I can just visualise it. What a tantalising thought. A luscious vat of warm, dark, melted chocolate to fall into. Mmmmmmmm!

Susan

25 comments:

  1. I think there is a chocolate spa in Hershey, Pennsylvania... There you COULD fall in some chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This calls for a fashion shoot, when you're up to it girls!
    What is it about chocolate? why is it this treat seems to help/fix just about everything?
    Take care =) I hope Emily will be donning her apron soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pressies - definitely need the girls and you to model them though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's first on the menu?!
    P.S. Yes, a catwalk show is definitely needed when Emily is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I am really hankering after an apron at the moment. Loving your full one. Mmmm chocolate♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE those owls. They are so cute. I agree that it must have been hard to part with that fabric. What a generous friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and sweet!! What lovely gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these are brilliant! Well done Rhonda, and perfect timing too! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely gift from Rhonda. Fabulous pinnies, but especially love your chocolate one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Glad you all love them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what lovely aprons! And such a nice cheery package to get in the post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful aprons! While you are modeling them whip up a yummy chocolate cake we can drool over please!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heh she knows you well ;o) Fab aprons :oD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chocolate cake then? Brilliant aprons from Rhonda. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are,just brilliant, another possibility for,the next mouthy stitches round 3? may have to make myself a new Pinnie :). Mmm, chocolate !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous aprons, especially the choccie one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL this is great! What a sweet Rhonda!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a nice gift - each one is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such cute aprons - love the chocolately quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think you'll get fat using that apron!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Always thought Augustus Gloop had the right idea diving into the chocolate river in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!

    Great aprons - specially yours Susan and I'm so glad most of the words are on the skirt as I'd be reading you chest otherwise - now we need photos of you all in your aprons

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.