Saturday 8 September 2012

On Your Marks, Get Set...

... Go!

Mouthy Stitches 2 is officially up and running. If you are interested in being a participant in this round then I do not want to sound alarmist, but be quick because the places filled up far more quickly than expected in round one - and there are fewer places available in round two.


This time we will be making (drum roll please)...

TOTE BAGS!  Not just any old tote bag, but this tote bag... Skip to My Lou.



All participants MUST FOLLOW THIS PATTERN, however you will be requesting, and therefore making in return, one side pieced to your partner's desires, based on the sign up form information and mosaic.

To be eligible to join the swap you must have an active, craft/sewing Flickr photostream, with recent activity and examples of your makes and style; if you are new to Flickr or have not uploaded in a long while, you are unlikely to be able to participate in this round.

You must be a member of the Mouthy Stitches Flickr group, then complete the sign up form in order for the Mamas to check your eligibility.  You will be required to make an inspiration mosaic AFTER you have received an acceptance email from one of the Mamas.

Important dates: 

Sign ups - Saturday 8th September until 75 eligible swappers have completed the Sign Up form.  Please note, all forms will be checked in the order that they are submitted; we will close the form as soon as we can, once we have reached 80, but as you can appreciate, we may not be able to do so immediately as this is an international swap, and we may reach capacity during the night; we will retain the last 5 as reserves.

Saturday 15th September Midday BST - All mosaics must be posted in the group pool; failure to do so will mean that the reserves will be called in.

Saturday 22nd September - Secret Partner allocations will be sent to all swappers.  YOU MUST NOT REVEAL WHO YOU ARE MAKING FOR AS THIS IS A SECRET SWAP!

Mailing: 20th-23rd October International, 23rd-27th October Domestic.  You must be prepared to send internationally by Airmail.

That's 4 weeks to stalk, shop, make and have fun!  Please do not sign up if you cannot meet these deadlines.

The only extra to be sent with your tote bag this time is a handmade keyring/keyfob; we do not want there to be the pressure to make more, spend more or create more than these 2 items, so please don't.

More information will be posted in the Flickr group after sign ups are complete.

So... what are you waiting for?

Susan

21 comments:

  1. I just don't have the time this time around :-( But I think from what I saw on the flickr group that you will be full up in no time. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! I can do a bag and a fob no probs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all signed up and even made my mosaic. Fingers crossed I get in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun, I'll be cheering from the sidelines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, I've signed up and am crossing my fingers that I will be accepted (stragely nervous about that).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the hilarity! Me and mum signing up on the phone at the same time... And I'd slept in too.... Fingers crossed we's both in...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    I can't wait. And fortunately for me - that is the tute I always use for my totes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah don't be deleting my form....I see it is full already. I do have my mosaic ready to go though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant idea! I will be watching with intrigue from the sidelines! Go Mamas! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. missed it! stupid pacific time zone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darn it! I've been checking the Flickr group all week. Today we decided to have one last summer's day at the beach. It was a gorgeous day. I came home and checked Flickr again but I'm too late....I feel so sad to have missed out. I will be watching from the sidelines though. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Waking up in the middle of the night sometimes has it's upsides. That's me all signed up and ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmmm me make a bag. I'll have to think about that one. For like a nanosecond :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. All signed up, just waiting.........

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this group is surely a popular one. I think I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, sounds and looks like fun.... looking forward to seeing what everyone gets up to!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.