Thursday 27 September 2012

Fondling Fabric

Do you ever write a blog title and then instantly know you are going to get the weirdos coming out of the woodwork due to it? I - obviously - just did that. And do you know what? I don't care. I am getting so much spam these days that what's a few pervs thrown in for good measure?

Yes, my attitude might not be quite up to Mary Poppins level, but is it ever? So we shall ignore all that nonsense and talk fabric instead.

Because I got some new stuff. I was very surprised to win Rhonda's giveaway from Fluffy Sheep. I am not sure why, but I was. Maybe because I found out at a less than opportune time so I just thought Rhonda was taking the piss in my sleep deprived state. But she wasn't. How nice is that?! Today a package from Cindy popped through the post and it is gorgeous. I have to say, it is even better in person than in the photos.

Some fabric lines are like that. I see them online and think they are nice, but then I see them in person and swoon. Unfortunately there are times I think something is stunning online and then when I get it I am less than impressed. Thankfully that doesn't happen very often.

But, as Rhonda would say, I digress. Back to the fabric I won. It is from the Ladies Stitching Club line and I love it. In fact, despite arriving just today, some of it got earmarked for a quilt already. Besides, there are birds in one of the FQs and they will have to be added to One for the Birds.


When I wasn't admiring my winnings, I was diving head first into my stash. I pulled out all sorts. The photo below is just the tip of the iceberg. Because I need to post out some fabric. October is my month in Brit Bee. My plan will be revealed shortly.


Susan

26 comments:

  1. Surprise post at it's best. Lovely fabrics and the bird one is sweet. I hope that things are improving your end. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely win!! I love your attitude and humour...don't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what are you wearing while you are fondling?? *insert Leery pervy smirk*
    So impressed with your stash.
    Hope that things have settled down in the health department & you have stopped hanging around the hospital.
    Cheers
    Lush x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely fabrics ,hope Emily is on the mend and getting back to normal !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are happy! I love that line...and you're right that it's better in person. Love, love, love your stash photo! Can not wait to see whe you take this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the winnings, and fab fabric pull (please miss, may I have dispensation to do mine when I come home please?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous fabrics and well done on the win, just what you deserve after the last week or so. Love all those reds that you have

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm liking what I see - those colours are warm and happy colours and will make a fab quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally understand fabric fondling. And I can see why you are! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I have stash envy! Pretty fabrics x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That win is just what you need to perk yourself up at the moment and I'm loving the fabric you pulled. Can't wait to see what mission you set them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh fantastic, I was worried you might have been too preoccupied to sort out bee stuff :-) Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabric fondling is the soother to many ills here! Highly commendable IMHO! Beautiful fabrics! All of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your winnings! You're not thinking of stars b.a.c? I've stars coming out my rear these days I've done so many! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your winnings! You're not thinking of stars b.a.c? I've stars coming out my rear these days I've done so many! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is lovely fabric and congratulations on winning it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done ;)
    Waiting in eager anticipation x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your win - happy playing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am worried about Judith's health now! Hehe!

    I love the quiet understated fabric choices you have made! Heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't suppose I'm allowed advanced notice of what the bees will be making for you with that gorgeous fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh, nice, I love those florals (and I'm not usually a florals person).

    I'm glad you got a nice little package of happy this week, it sounds like you needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, congrats on winning that pretty bundle, Susan.

    Loving your fabric pulls... such bright, happy colours...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is some serious fabric....it deserves much fondling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fondling is such an odd word, isn't it? At my house, we (well, I) "pet" fabric, but you know, it has its connotations too. But whatever, I do think it's the mark of a true fabric lover, when one just can't help oneself. (Husband thinks I'm crazy, but those in the know understand.) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm glad you won. Hopefully it helped to cheer up your less than stellar week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.