Saturday 10 May 2014

I'm One Lucky Instagrammer

I have to admit that I have won probably more than my share of prizes within the online community. I am not complaining obviously. I doozy of one arrived this morning. From Aylin in Germany. She blogs here and is on nilya2011 on Instagram. And she makes beautiful things.


This bag is proof positive of that fact. I admired it the whole time she was showing the stages of construction on IG. I was floored when she said she was giving it away. And I was over the moon when I won it. The paper pieced swimsuit is even in my all time favourite fabric. This bag is so, so lovely!


Aylin's labels are so sweet too. One day I will get around to having some labels made. Meanwhile I will just enjoy having such a fab bag as it is two things I do not do - foundation paper piecing and properly made bags. This would never appear from my sewing room made by my hands. Ever!


Aylin also included this mug and pen that she had printed at Vistaprint. A proper quilty mug and pen. No one is going to use these in this house but me. Just saying.

So a huge thank you to Aylin for being so kind to share her wonderful makes and being so talented. I love what I have won and am in awe of her talent.

Susan

33 comments:

  1. And this for someone who does not drink tea or coffee! lucky you. This tote is just stunning. So pack your swimsuit ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What fabulous gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tsk tsk…. I had my beady eye on the fab bag! Lucky you, it's gorgeous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing gifts. I won't even attempt paper piecing, but the swimsuit is incredible. Lucky girl. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow a fabulous give away! I couldn't believe she was giving the bag away either. In fact I don't think I entered because I didn't think she was really lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect for you! Aylin is super talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant, a wonderful win and a generous friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the win, and lucky, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so so so lucky! Amazing prizes to an amazing gal :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you lucky bastard!! (I can say that, as all the nice people have commented already!!!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a lucky duck, indeed! That paper pieced bathing suit is really cute and the bag looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky you!!!!! Such a beautiful bag - love the fabric in the swimsuit too:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That swimsuit is just the most darling. Great bag! Lucky duck you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic! Aylin is so talented, and the recipient couldn't have been more deserving and talented than you! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Hadley! So much! Hehe! Great bag, great win and fabulous Susan and Aylin! I'd be tempted to steal that one from you

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aylin's stuff is amazing! I love that swimsuit! Enjoy your lovely winnings! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great bag, don't you wish you had a bathing suit just like that in real life? I just learned how to paper piece on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are such a lucky duck! Aylin, it's one amazing bag!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How exciting to win such great stuff! (I know the feeling!) The pieced bathing suit is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. :-))))) enjoy it!!! So many lovely comments - make day

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are so lucky! The swimsuit paper piecing on that bag is just darling !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh, that is so cute...lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great win, and as Dale would say, "you have to be in it to win it!"

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lucky, lucky you! Such a beautiful bag!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.