Sunday 25 May 2014

Delivered

I didn't pretend to enjoy this project, but it is done and now up north (with me and the girls) for imminent delivery.


The placemats are for a small round table - of which I do not possess so cannot demonstrate how they fit on such. I was given a template to work from so this shape is not my own invention. I was also given the colours that were preferred. you would think that green, blue and yellow would be easy ones to find in my stash but the particular shades required, to match the recipients china, were actually few and far between in my stash. I think I got there in the end though.


The background fabric is a natural linen, closely quilted and then the 'stripe' was appliquéd on top. Originally I planned on doing a sinuous strip of the colours but my plan failed and I fell back to the easy straight line of colour. I used some excess to requirements fabric on the back and then turned and stitched down the edges rather than attempting to bind all those curves.

Job done. Hope the recipient likes them and that they suit her round table. She is a lovely lady and it is that fact, and the other fact that my mum accepted the job on my behalf, that had me doing this commission. It's done and delivered. Time to enjoy half term.

Susan

21 comments:

  1. I think they are lovely Susan - I bet the recipient will be thrilled with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever, I would never of thought of 'special' tablemats for a round table. You have done a great job x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the logic now, and they will look just right - well done for doing it with such grace!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obligation sewing is almost never fun. You are a good daughter and the mats are both lovely and will work nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Mrs! Now relax!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard to make something you don't love. Thats probably why I could never do work for other people.

    But- I think you did a lovely job and Im sure the recipient will be thrilled . Onwards and upwards. Enjoy your mini break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are lovely as a set! Well done for sticking so well to the brief! It's always harder making to others' tastes! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, bless you for hanging in there! They are lovely, you know, even if they were quilted with swears! *g*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, you can move onto something a bit more fun now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah! All done. Now go relax and enjoy half term :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good deed done! Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job and I get the shape now! Have a lovely bank holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. now I know the table is round that shape makes a lot more sense. Lucky she didn't want pink though, or they really would have looked like lips!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sure the recipient will love these, I can see them on a round table, pretty clever really.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah the small round table explains the shape, they look very well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just catching up on everything, well done on the makes, good luck in BQF, glad you got rid of these in time to enjoy half term (and Charlotte's right, be glad they weren't Pepto Bismol pink ;o) )

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you've done a fantastic job given the very specific brief! I am sure she will be thrilled with them :-))

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am sure that they will be enjoyed. They'll look good on a small round table - made to fit. Enjoy your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. May not be your thing, but they'll be super on a round table! And I'm sure you learned a thing or two about design along the way. Everyone wins :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It must be a relief to have these finished!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done! I know this was quite the thrilling journey for you ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.