Sunday 16 December 2012

Two More Ticks

I am feeling quite positive about the Christmas making these days. What seemed insurmountable at the beginning of last week is starting to look more doable by the day. I have four more items to make after the two shown here. None of which have to be posted. Yay!

First up is a sneak peek of an item I have been making for someone who reads this blog. And also to show you that I have managed to do my first concealed zip. Not sure if I did it the 'right' way, but I think it looks good and that bright blue zip - the only one I had long enough - doesn't clash with the pink this way. Honestly, if it was for me I would have slapped that bright blue zip on there and let it show because we all know I like my colour, but I wasn't sure the recipient would feel the same way.


Then I made another tote. It is for my MIL, who most definitely does not read this blog, as she doesn't have a computer. So safe to show.


She once told me her favourite colour was green, so I pulled the green strips of Bliss from the Moda scrap bag, added in a couple of red, and teamed it with Kona navy. Deciding that it looked a little too humdrum like that, I broke out the red thread to give it a boost. I like the contrast. I hope my MIL does too.

Susan

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful bag! I love the red thread touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that blue zip against the pink!! Well done on conquering a concealed zip though! The tote looks great, I'm sure she'll love it! I need to stop procrastinating and start writing Christmas cards...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely lovely lovely. Well done on the zipper, the blue looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both fabulous! I better get a move on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red thread looks very neat against the navy! As does the blue zip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blue zipper looks very nice against the pink, but better to be safe than sorry. Looking forward to the reveal. The bag for your MIL is great -- I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm amazed at how you keep coming up with a totally different look to all these totes ! Another beauty. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful makes, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It loves great - she should love it!

    I love the secret flash of colour - I think I'd be forever finding and excuse to zip that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that totebag! And I like the blue zip on the pink fabric - looks delicious! Can't wait to see the other gifts that you're making.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that blue zip, and I recognise that fabric ;o) Great idea with the tote too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Having a flap over the zip is a bit like concealing racy underwear - no one knows it is there unless you choose to let them have a peek ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your MIL will love that wee tote - you've put lots of thought into what she might like. Cushion zip looks so neat and tidy - a nice little zing of turquoise beneath the pink - look forward to the reveal of the full cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that blue zip against the pink. Well done on the concealed zip. The tote looks great too. Pleased to hear you are on the home stretch and all is in control. It should make for a nice relaxed Susan just in time for Christmas celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your MIL's tote is lined in my favourite fabric ever ...Oz. It looks fantastic.

    And Im with you ... a blue zip showing wouldn't have worried me since Im all about crazy amounts of colour but go you for doing your first concealed zip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The tote bag is beautiful and I love the blue zip with the hot pink fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that blue zip under it's flap. It is like having a beautiful inner lining on a bag that only you know about. Your MIL will appreciate the bag as it is lovely and you spent time making it. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done on your concealed zip! And your MILs bag is fabulous! Love the colour combo. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tick tick tick. It's nice to cross things off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Me loves a tote and your invisible zipper looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The zipper looks amazing - though I wouldn't mind letting it show either!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.