Sunday 2 December 2012

Exciting Times

Did you see the announcement that the so very talented Kerry, PennyDog Patchwork, is working towards the launch of a new contemporary quilting magazine? I love that my bloggy friends are right up there doing the most amazing things! This news excites me as when I started quilting several years ago I bought a few magazines. They were soon confined to the rubbish heap. I know, there is probably lots of good information in these magazines I am sure, but I am a visual person and - quite frankly - they just did not do it for me.

Fabricate is aimed at quilters like you and me. And it will be available as both a PDF and a print copy.

This is not the actual first copy,
but gives you an idea of what Fabricate will be offering.

Kerry is an innovative and talented quilter. Just look at a very small sampling of items she has made. You may recognise the dogs quilt from the Festival of Quilts this past summer. You can see some of the Spoonflower fabrics she has designed here. (And she makes the most amazing chocolates - my kind of person through and through!) But Kerry also has a background in


Launching a new magazine is no small feat. But all of us can help with no risk on our part. You can sign up for one issue, or six months, or a year. You can even buy advertising if you have a business that would benefit from reaching a wider audience. Sign up, pay with PayPal, and if for whatever reason Kerry fails to raise the necessary funds your money will be automatically refunded. The first issue will be landing on my doorstep. And I cannot wait. What about you?

You can hear more about Fabricate from Kerry herself here. She tells it much better than me. And you can sign up to receive your copy copies here. I for one am thrilled to be near the front of the queue.

As an added bonus, if you spread the word about Fabricate on your blog Kerry will put you in for a draw for a $25 gift voucher to Pink Castle Fabrics. Funnily enough, I didn't read that bit until I was almost finished writing this post. I am doing this because I like Kerry, and I love the idea of another innovative and  modern quilting magazine being available.

Susan

13 comments:

  1. *BIG SQUISHIES*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great idea, I shall investigate...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant. A modern quilting magazine. I am off to sign up now! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall go investigate I had no idea that I knew the chocolate lady until she told me on face book. Sometimes I think I hide under a stone or something (or maybe a pile of fabric!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive been blogging about this too today, I hope you don't mind that i mentioned your post too, I was so pleased as the grey quilt on the mock up is mine, and i really enjoy your blog (which you probably guessed by now!). Ange : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have made a contribution, it is like Kickstarter where I have supported some quilters in the past. It looks like she has a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this sounds awesome!!! heading over to take a look x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool idea! Off to check it out! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds great, off to have a look

    ReplyDelete
  10. STOP IT! STOP IT! This is so exciting! I'm on my way to learn more. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean about the mags...I was quite disappointed about a mag that I subscribed...I'll go and have a look at this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.